How's The Weather?

Wet, (currently hailstones)  windy, (steady force 6, gusting to 7 right now) a thunderstorm has just started:  it's been like that for a few days now and predicted to continue for a few more, many flooded roads in the area, many downed trees.

We spent the run up to New Year with our son in South Wales and if anything it was worse, not quite as wet by daytime but heavy rain every night and even more windy, too windy for my wife to walk anywhere without the risk of being blown over.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers john b.. some of us are more passionate than others... hehehe   ;)

I am only about an hour and a half north of Neil and we only got 1.5 inches and tomorrow we are expecting -25 wind-chills. I wish art clay was open tomorrow  because I am down to about 15 lbs of porcelain :(

Only 1.5 inches? You've got it easy! Just heard we're supposed to get wind chills of -45F on Monday.

cheers john b.. some of us are more passionate than others... hehehe   ;)

I am only about an hour and a half north of Neil and we only got 1.5 inches and tomorrow we are expecting -25 wind-chills. I wish art clay was open tomorrow  because I am down to about 15 lbs of porcelain :(

Only 1.5 inches? You've got it easy! Just heard we're supposed to get wind chills of -45F on Monday.

Sorry I was so flippant about your weather, just heard that New York and the north East of your country has had a massive dump of snow!! Time for a good book and pumpkin soup if you haven't animals to attend.

Or you could practise your throwing!! :)

The beginning of week, we'll see two days in a row with highs below zero, and lows into the 20s and 30s below...... I will not being doing any Raku during this time.....

Wimp!  ;)

best,

...................john

I can take the cold, the ceramic can't.....

here in Northwest Colorado (much different from Denver!) it is 30 degrees and falling.  But we are heading to Steamboat for First Friday Artwalk and a nice dinner before the storm tomorrow!  

Wood for the stove, clay in the clay room, hot chocolate and schnapps, let it snow!

Cold and depressing.

But in Denver it only last for a few days. You'll be golfing within a week!

From the flurry of articles about recreational use in Colorado, one is left wondering if being cold and depressing is even possible anymore.

Yeh, being cold and depressing certainly needs working at!

Has been as cold or colder than Mars for the past few weeks , -40+F temps here in Manitoba , everytime the temp gets above -25C here it snows about 3 inches,  That's what happening today.   I want Hawaii!!

Cheers to all who are braving the elements.

K

I have cousins in Winnipeg, they said if it warms up to -15 then they go out for a walk !!  Madness.  Here in the UK it's quite mild, around 10-15C daytime and between 2 and 8 at night.  As Celia said, we've had a lot of storms, rain and wind, but so far none of the white stuff.  Hope we don't get any.  The country stops if we get half an inch.  We're just not prepared for it as we don't always get it.

Central PA, we are in the single digits at night till around 10am, climb to 25F during the day. We have a church next to us, and scrape/shovel their walks with mine-double wide 100yds. Luckily we have only been getting nuisance snow, scrape a little, get warm for a day, scrape some more the next day. Most of the time I just use a good push broom, but boy is it cold out there at midnight!

50°F here today and some sunshine after a few showers this morning, still pretty breezy @ F6 for most of the day.

We've been getting news reports in the UK of your cold spell in the USA;  just wondering if that's been reciprocated.

It's been very windy and very wet here for some days now, many coastal areas are taking a real battering at high tides and some low lying country areas are totally flooded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25618080

http://www.itv.com/news/west/2014-01-06/village-of-muchelney-trapped-by-floodwaters/

I had hoped to get more done in the shop before the 24th. Maybe next week, but then I will be prebowling for 3 weeks of two leagues. The 24th I have to have a bit of outpatient surgery on my thumb to remove a cyst and a bone spur. Minor stuff.

wind chills of around -45 here.  That is with -17 food the actual temperature.  My fingers are stiff from working in the basement with cold water. 

My studio is in the basement as well.  We have radiator heat, so there is heat down there, via the pipes on the ceiling.  However, most the heat doesn't radiate that far from the ceiling, and just goes right up through the floor, I blame physic.  My new favorite outfit in there is a comfy pair of shoes and jeans, with a nice thick wool sweater...Oh and a baseball cap.  The wool is key.  It's warm, and as a bonus repels water pretty well.

Archived