Dear CAD Members,
My name is Brian Reed, and I am setting up a two day workshop with noted Ceramic Artist Cynthia Bringle. This workshop will take place in Kirkland Art Center in Kirkland, WA during June of 2013. Currently scheduled for June 3-4 and June 6-7.
It will be a hands on workshop with each participant immersed in two full days.
-A two day class covering 6-8 hours each day.
- Instruction will be directed by Cynthia Bringle and will consist of demonstrations and work time for you on your provided wheel.
- Each student will be given exclusive access to a space and their own wheel for the two days of the workshop.
- After demonstration time Cynthia Bringle will be assisting all members.
- There will be something for beginner/intermediate wheel throwers as well as advanced.
- On the second day Cynthia requests that you all bring in one piece of your recent work so that we can all have a group discussion and critique of your work. I think this will be a fun time of discovery and direction for our own clay journey. Who wouldn't want Cynthia Bringle to tell us what she thinks of our work... I can't wait!
- The intention of the workshop is to learn new techniques and take the time to re-learn some of the basics that you may or may not regularly use. It is not a time for you to pump out production and come away with a load of pots. Because of that there are no firing services included in this class. Perhaps we can work something out with Kirkland Art Center where a piece or two can be firing for a fee; we can get that information out prior to the workshop.
The cost is $335 a person for a two day hands on workshop.
It includes 50 lbs of clay per person (we will have two types of stoneware and maybe some porcelain) All clay is being graciously donated by Clay Art Center in Tacoma; stop by and thank Joe when you are in there for your next purchase. If for some reason you will need more than the 50lbs allotted to you over the two days you can purchase at $10-$12 for 25 lb bag, or you may bring your own. During our last class everyone just shared and there was plenty for everyone, which we will establish prior to starting for the day. You also need to bring your own throwing tools. There will be a more detailed check list for those attending once we get the class participants all set up.
If last years Simon Leach workshop is any indicator I suggest you sign up early to ensure you have a spot. I ending up with a wait list and some did not make it into the class. I want to give all potters a chance to attend; for Simon's workshop we had people from Alaska, California and Montana attend. Please respond back to me if you are interested and have some questions, or just go to my sign up page and get registered. I understand Cynthia is giving the closing key note at NCECA this year, wouldn't it be cool to have her in a much smaller instructive setting for two days? Come learn from one of the treasures in clay and leave a better potter.
Sign Up Page http://nwclayclub.com/?page_id=180