For clay trimmings I flatten a clay box, then cut one of the short sides of it.  Tape the top flaps together, and the bottom flaps will fold over each other when you wrap it around the wheel head. 

I'm really curious about this too. Can you provide a photo of your set up with the box? I'm totally a visual person, TIA!

Just buy a Brent splash pan for that wheel they cost 50$.

as posted you can build a cardboard trim diverter for any wheel very easy from a clay box or any cardboard.

I trim in a corner and want them on the floor so I scoop them up right then so I do not use a triming pan.

I do use a cut up clay bay to help them fly into a 5 gallon bucket while trimming on the other side of wheel.

I just got a super small model A brent to replace my model B trim wheel its so small the trimmings have to fall off the micro top.I have yet to try it out as I'm on my x-mas break from studio working on accounting and generally staying out of studio-lots of winter chores to do now other than ceramics.

As far as using a clay box just cut the box up and start experimenting with shapes as it forms a backstop on part of the wheelhead.

Mark

Yep, have one of those myself! You may need to add some height on the left for trimming larger, ie taller footed, bowls. My trimming flew over the edge on the similar set up, so I used some cut to fit foam core board, taped at joints with duct tape so it could be folded up for storage.

Cheap is the best price!

Archived