This Years 34 Th Annual Pottery Sale Booth

Its my 34 year in a shopping area outside a local pet store. Its an outside space-covered from rain but still can be cold. I run this booth 6-7 hours a day-this year is the shortest run at 12 days.

I took these photos last night at closing 5.30 pm

I pay 200 rent and pick whatever dates I want-I supply the liability insureance and pay the owner of the shopping center down in SF area. The local pet store wants me next to them -we share customers and I advertise which helps them as well-they supply power to me. I have a small propane heater for my sales ladies.

The locals know about this pottery at x-mas as Its been in this shopping center for 34 years right before x-mas.If you are thinking about selling this type of situtaion is outside the box and works very well. Give it some thought-now if you are in a climate of snow and ice then inside a center or space will be in order.

My booth locks up each night and the display pots on left get put into the display each night.

got to go now to set up.

Mark

post-8914-0-16897300-1387647876_thumb.jpg

post-8914-0-30135000-1387647894_thumb.jpg

post-8914-0-16897300-1387647876_thumb.jpg

post-8914-0-30135000-1387647894_thumb.jpg

I made the outer lockable booth -all my shelves are 6 to 7th generation plans from me- made by a fine wood worker not by me.This lockable booth is only used once a year in the location wears the shelves are used at all my shows .

This is my only lighted setup now as I gave up indoor shows over 15-20 years  ago.

The table(folds flat) and shelves  and racks(all fold flat) are all silver maple-very strong-I posted the plans here on CAD forums with photos last year -look it up before I take the photos down as I always need to reduce my photo postings to add new ones. My photo file is always at the max as I post so many photos even though they all are very small.

Mark

Archived