I'm still a clay-artist-in-training (aka hobby potter) that has a non-clay, full time job. Nonetheless, I do have a pretty standard weekday routine:
- 4:00am Up, coffee, attempt to get work-out clothes on 'right-side-out' (matching socks optional)
- 4:15am exercise (jog 3 days a week, weights/stretch on others...substitute more coffee for all of this on Saturday)
- 5:00am cool-down, more coffee,fruit smoothie, quiet time, to-do' list, breathe
- 5:30am Into studio...check for trim-ready stuff, throw some, trim some, wedge next day's clay, clean up
- 7:30-11:00am Round One at office (break often includes CAD or art web browsing..but no more coffee)
- 11:00-12:00pm Lunch - University clay lab 'fly-by'
- 12:00-4;30pm Round Two at office
- 4:30-5:30pm University clay lab - glazing, kiln-prep, some production work
- 5:30pm Eat something that isn't 'growing' from 'fridge, watch TV news
- 6:30-8:30pm Mostly handbuilding, carving, texturing, handle-attaching, close-up-bifocal work
- 8:45pm Turn into Zombie/Pumpkin that crashes into bed
Weekends are much more studio intensive, depending on how big/long the 'honey-do' list is from my lovely wife of 43 years..