#61 Marc McMillan

Marc McMillan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationDublin, ca

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

Those new ones are awesome. Nice results Marcia!!!

#62 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

Thanks, I brought some to NCECA to trade. Evelyne, you're piece looked great in the show. by working at the both I got to meet many of the artists. It was an excellent representation of the work by Potters COUNCIL Members.
Can't wait to make more.

Marcia

#63 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

Marcia: I like the soft, gray touch of your new pieces. Congrats on the success.

Hmmmm, I always wanted to try the foil saggars too in an electric kiln, but was a bit hesitant because of the fumes. I think I'll wait a bit longer...

Babs: thanks bunches for the recipe. I'am sure summer will come along some day....

Beyond Wax Resist
This guy uses foil saggars in his electric kiln and writes that it has no or little illl effects.
I discovered this link form the post on Elmers Glue as a resist so thanks to whoever posted it there. Matt Oz.

Marcia: I like the soft, gray touch of your new pieces. Congrats on the success.

Hmmmm, I always wanted to try the foil saggars too in an electric kiln, but was a bit hesitant because of the fumes. I think I'll wait a bit longer...

Babs: thanks bunches for the recipe. I'am sure summer will come along some day....

Beyond Wax Resist
This guy uses foil saggars in his electric kiln and writes that it has no or little illl effects.
I discovered this link form the post on Elmers Glue as a resist so thanks to whoever posted it there. Matt Oz.

Beyond Wax Resist

this guy, Russel Fouts from Brussels, is a dear friend and my NCECA roommate . he is doing incredible things in electric kilns. I have posted links to his sites and articles before. he fires in an electric kiln with brick saggars inside. He is currently firing with charcoal in the saggars

he has written article for PMI and showed pieces in the NCECA National in Louisville.
marcia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users