Nceca 2014 Milwaukee

Guest JBaymore

Open to anyone... collectors, curators, and academic art historuians also attend every year.  International too.

Some people even just go for a single day, and spend much of it in the trade show hall with the vendors and the non-profit exhibitors (shamless plug here... stop by the New Hampshire Institute of Art booth and say "hi").

Go... you will be amazed.  Something for everyone.  Actually... always too much for everyone; you can't begin to see it all.

Biggest downside... it is not inexpensive by the time you add in the hotel and the food and the transportation.  If you are close.... that helps a lot.

best,

..........................john

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EARLY BIRD RATES end on January 31st ... so if you are thinking of attending, take advantage of the savings!

I really encourage everyone to consider attending NCECA at some time ... when it is close by, definitely attend.

While it is somewhat overwhelming to think of attending for the first time, it is definitely worth it.

Think of being in a place with thousands of other potters surrounded by fabulous exhibits of pottery ... people talking pottery all day long ... nobody wondering why you do it ... nobody questioning your priorities ... miles of pottery to ogle, not to mention all the suppliers in one place waiting to talk to you about their wares .... all the workshop schools waiting to tell you about their schedules ... universities promoting their classes ... famous potters work all over the place for you to buy or just drool over. Free demos ... you can watch potters working on live installations ... all day long there are demos and films to watch ... there are talks and panel discussions ...

24/7 POTTERY

If you see me there, please say HI ... I would love to meet you in person.

http://www.nceca.net/static/conference_home.php

Keep checking into the website where they post the schedules and bus routes and such at various times. There will also be an APP for the conference.

Cannot wait till March.  Been promoting my disscussion group

http://www.galleryforrent.com/PeaceHeard/Peace_Heard/DescriptionNCECA2.pdf

the link above is the flyer I've been editing, to get folks to the event.

Come to my discussion group Friday March 21st at 5:00pm at the 2014 NCECA conference. 

Wisconsin Center Ballroom D, 400 W. Wisconsin Avenue Milwaukee, WI  53203

till then..

~Geof

That would be fun. Want to come to the Texas Clay party usually on Thursday? May be going to the Minnesota Women/'s exhibition reception with my friend who is in the show. So little time as always at NCECA.

I am arriving on Tues. and staying til Sunday. Since I have been attending NCECA since 1971, I have many friends I need to see, but I like meeting with new ones too.

Marcia

Isn't the texas clay party for texas potters? (or am I taking the title too literally?) 

The only potters I know in real life are people through here, none of which I have met face to face.

It's exciting that a convention like this is happening (only 35-40 minutes from my home) when I am learning everything.  

Guest JBaymore

You can catch the excitement level in Chris's post above.  She captures NCECA well.  Attending is WELL worth the investment......... because it is an investment in your clay future whether you are a student, professional, or hobbiest. 

There will be a Potters Council member's reception this year also.  Keep you eyes peeled for official info soon.  I and a lot of the other Board members will be there.  Plus you'll find us from time to time at the Potters Council booth (where the member's exhibition will be located).

And additionally I'll be staffing New Hampshire Institute of Arts's table in the non-profit area of the trade show hall from time to time also.

Please say "hi". 

best,

................john

OK Marcia ... I want to go to the Texas party with you and R ! The texans do have FUN.

Two more Do Not Miss items for new attendees ... The K-12 Show of young students work is always wonderful. You get to see the level of talent and educators in the El-Hi years. Also, bring one of your mugs or cups for the Regina Brown mug sale and drop by when you can to see hundreds of great vessels that go on sale Friday morning.

Also ... Thrilled to hear the Potters Council will have a reception too .... AND .... Speaking of the PC booth on the vendors floor and the PC juried Show ....

As the judge of this year's show, I am telling you now ... the work is spectacular! The depth of talent in the Potters Council Membership is awesome. Please make it a point to stop by and see this amazing show. If you like surface texture and eye appeal ... you will be a very happy camper.

My biggest challenge is choosing the Bus Tour ... No one route has everything I want to see and when you talk to others the next day it always sounds like they picked the best one!

Potters Council is having a reception? How did I miss that. There is too much to see so you need to go over the program and make a list. Check show you need to see because you can't get t them all. There are 3-4 talks or panels at a time. Plus the vendors hall for tools, books, wax, etc. and the non-profits. Saturday's

Emerging Artists talks are always interesting...even if they do follow with an early morning following the Friday night dance.

NCECA really is so little time, so much to do.

Also schools and foundations have reunions. Great time to see old friends and make new ones. My first NCECA was 1972 or 73 in Madison. So it is back to Wisconsin!

Marcia

That would be fun. Want to come to the Texas Clay party usually on Thursday? May be going to the Minnesota Women/'s exhibition reception with my friend who is in the show. So little time as always at NCECA.

I am arriving on Tues. and staying til Sunday. Since I have been attending NCECA since 1971, I have many friends I need to see, but I like meeting with new ones too.

Marcia

Marcia,  gonna try and make it to Texas Clay party .  Hopefully we will be able to meet this time. I'm still bummed that I wasn't able to meet you last year at Houston.  I hope to also meet other CAD peeps in Milwaukee!

Easy.......... if you just head there for a month Chris, you can see it all. ;)

best,

....................john

Are you forgetting the part about hoping it would NOT be freezing cold?? Milwaukee in March ... Last time I was there it was June and COLD .... Well, for a southerner, but not cold to the natives.

haha- today the wind chills are -20 … ;) March can be snowy and 40 or it can be warm and 70.  

Yikes -20!  I'm hoping for warm and 70 considering I'm from Cali and possess nothing that could keep me warm in 40 degree weather.  Fingers crossed  ^_^

Archived