New Studio Space, Fav Ever

Cass

It reminds me of Robert Frost's poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening."......especilly the phrase:

My little horse must think it

To stop without a farmhouse near

Between the woods and frozen lake

The darkest evening of the year.

And the final phrase:

But I have promises to keep

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

Jed

That is simply an amazing view.

Like Brian, my windows are high up, and small, as it's a basement studio. 

The only way I'd have a good view, is if you moved my house to the edge of town, and my studio to the main floor.  Then I'd see some rolling corn fields all year round.

it is a great place to work, cass, and i wish you many years of enjoyment there.  

i have a view of the potomac river in all it's moods.  the only trouble is that it is what i am looking at right now, not a view from the studio at the rear of the house.  

The view is great but what is really nice is the natural light,  I had a studio in a basement for 13 years with no windows.  I have a great view in my current studio but I was more concerned with the amount of sunlight than the view when I built it.  Enjoy your new studio.   Denice

thanks all, this is the first view of any kind i've had in 20 years of clay...what i'm loving abou tseeing the lake is that it in never the same view twice, every day, every hour of the day, there is some new, subtle aspect to it, always some thing new to see

Archived