Celia UK    142

Just looked at photo - so clearly not sandpaper. I'd need to look at the DIY shop to see if we have an equivalent, but seems like a lot of effort unless you have a very particular profile that a bought item doesn't match. But much cheaper I guess, if you do a lot of sanding which would blunt a tool?

PeterH    87

Celia,

As a fellow UK resident. Sold among the sandpapers for abrading plasterboard. I used to get it

from B&Q, but they seem to have stopped selling it. Probably still in some big DIY stores and

builders merchants. If not www.ebay.co.uk advertise rolls of the stuff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverline-Plasterboard-Rust-Removal-Hand-Sanding-Sander-Mesh-Roll-5M-80-Grit-/400584844993?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item5d44b7a6c1

A major strrength is its resistance to clogging.

Regards, Peter

Celia UK    142

Ok I get it now. Clearly I don't do enough sanding otherwise it would have struck a chord with me. More useful info to park in the memory bank in case I need it in the future!

ayjay    119

I sometimes use  *Sanding Screen* very gently on greenware, for bisque I use an 80 grit  *Aluminium Oxide paper*.  

Coming from a woodworking background I've had enough sanding,  :D   so I keep it to a minimum, just little lumps and bumps I've missed before bisqueing.