7 replies to this topic

#1 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

I bought a used Creative Industries, Clay Boss electric wheel. The foot pedal is now malfunctioning. It seems like I need to replace this specific piece. Not sure where I should order this or what it is called. I have not gotten any responses from Speedball. 

#2 justanassembler

justanassembler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

good luck, my experience with speedball has been nothing short of dismal.  Where are you located?

#3 meisie

meisie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Have you taken it apart and looked at it? I had a malfunctioning foot pedal and took the thing apart and it's pretty simple inside. My issue was moisture and I used a hair dryer and it started working again.  inside mine was just a few wires. I can't imagine it's too hard to fix but agin for me it was just moisture. 

#4 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

The extraordinary clay bender

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

What is it doing?

~ Namaste ~

Home studio potter 

Shanel Pottery 

www.shanelpottery.com

www.facebook.com/shanelspottery 

"To me the greatest thing is to live beauty in our daily life and to crowd every moment with things of beauty.  It is then, and then only that  the art of the people as a whole is endowed with it's richest significance.  For it's products are those made by great a many craftsmen for the mass of the people, and the moment this art declines the life of the nation  is removed far away from beauty.  So long as beauty abides in only in a few articles created by a few geniuses, the kingdom of beauty is nowhere near realization."                                                                                 - Bernard Leach 

#5 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Sorry my picture won't upload! I really appreciate the responses.

I'll try to describe the piece.....its a white plastic piece about 6 inches long. Triangular shaped with 'teeth' on one end. The teeth seem to be worn down.

Sometimes when I press down on the foot pedal is works, but most of the time the wheel just simply doesn't spin. 

If this part cannot be replaced, should I get a new foot pedal? where can this be ordered?

I'm a newbie!

#6 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

good luck, my experience with speedball has been nothing short of dismal.  Where are you located?

pretty disappointed with the service! I live in sonoma county. I live close to Creative Ceramics and Glass, they told me I should just order the part myself so I don't have to pay them to do it. The owner also did not know what the name of the part is!

#7 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

What is it doing?

sometimes it spins, but most of the time the foot pedal doesn't seem to be communicating with the wheel

#8 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Attached File  wheel part.jpg   42.74KB   7 downloadsAttached File  wheel part.jpg   42.74KB   7 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creative industries, clay boss, speedball, wheel, foot pedal, electric wheel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users