7 replies to this topic

#1 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

I bought a used Creative Industries, Clay Boss electric wheel. The foot pedal is now malfunctioning. It seems like I need to replace this specific piece. Not sure where I should order this or what it is called. I have not gotten any responses from Speedball. 

#2 justanassembler

justanassembler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

good luck, my experience with speedball has been nothing short of dismal.  Where are you located?

#3 meisie

meisie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Have you taken it apart and looked at it? I had a malfunctioning foot pedal and took the thing apart and it's pretty simple inside. My issue was moisture and I used a hair dryer and it started working again.  inside mine was just a few wires. I can't imagine it's too hard to fix but agin for me it was just moisture. 

#4 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

What is it doing?

Learning On my Kick wheel with my vintage Paragon (from the late 1960's)

#5 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Sorry my picture won't upload! I really appreciate the responses.

I'll try to describe the piece.....its a white plastic piece about 6 inches long. Triangular shaped with 'teeth' on one end. The teeth seem to be worn down.

Sometimes when I press down on the foot pedal is works, but most of the time the wheel just simply doesn't spin. 

If this part cannot be replaced, should I get a new foot pedal? where can this be ordered?

I'm a newbie!

#6 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

good luck, my experience with speedball has been nothing short of dismal.  Where are you located?

pretty disappointed with the service! I live in sonoma county. I live close to Creative Ceramics and Glass, they told me I should just order the part myself so I don't have to pay them to do it. The owner also did not know what the name of the part is!

#7 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

What is it doing?

sometimes it spins, but most of the time the foot pedal doesn't seem to be communicating with the wheel

#8 shayes

shayes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSonoma County

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Attached File  wheel part.jpg   42.74KB   4 downloadsAttached File  wheel part.jpg   42.74KB   4 downloads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creative industries, clay boss, speedball, wheel, foot pedal, electric wheel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users