Amaco Transparent Glaze

dawneckhardt

I've been using this glaze for years, never had a problem with it.

I like the fact it's pink, because as Chris said, it helps you see, where it's been applied.

The other reason I like it, is because it freaks my students out.  Deep down, I don't think they believe me, when I saw it will become clear.  I always tell them, "If it doesn't become clear, I owe you a soda."

Yep, we used that in school and the first time, I was nervous about the color...no one promised me a soda, though!

Having used both pink-tinted clears and non-tinted clears, I have to say I'm a fan of the pink. I've considered tinting my current clear glaze, but I'm not sure if dropping some food coloring in will be okay or not.

Yep, we used that in school and the first time, I was nervous about the color...no one promised me a soda, though!

Having used both pink-tinted clears and non-tinted clears, I have to say I'm a fan of the pink. I've considered tinting my current clear glaze, but I'm not sure if dropping some food coloring in will be okay or not.

I've heard of people doing that before.  Not with clear specifically, but with resists, and things of the like.  I can't imagine the food coloring would affect anything.  It would just burn out relateivly early in the firing I'd imagine. 

Archived