• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kscummins

Kscummins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Where would someone go to sell a kiln or website or forum? Need help selling one

#2 MMB

MMB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationHartwell, GA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

first off, like many say, you need to post where you are from and explain a little more in your first post. Its like you just walked in and said "Im selling car." It doesnt do us much help if you dont detail your post. Personally Im looking for a 2nd kiln but yet like I said I dont know who you are or where youre from so I must stifle my excitement.

#3 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

This is not a sales site -I suggest Craigs list in your area-

Mark

Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#4 bciskepottery

bciskepottery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

Craigslist, Potterybarter(?), post a notice in local clay supply stores/studios, post a notice with local clay guilds or groups. 

#5 oldlady

oldlady

firing an electric kiln to cone 6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Locationharpers ferry west va and pinellas park fl

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

wow, if I had said the things MMB said, i would have been raked over the coals.  MMB is right but you are not in the right place to sell a kiln.

seller, wherever you sell the kiln, please try to list as much info about it as possible so the potential buyer knows what is being sold.  there is a label on the kiln somewhere giving all kinds of info re. amps, manufacturer (NO, IT IS NOT MADE BY SITTER!) and wattage.  measure the inside of the kiln from the top to bottom and side to side.  if you are selling the shelves and posts give that info also.  BE AS COMPLETE AS POSSIBLE!!!  then put it on craigslist with a REASON FOR SALE.  put all the info you find and several pictures, inside, outside, label, shelves, etc.  ask a reasonable amount based on its condition and you will sell it.

"putting you down does not raise me up."

#6 TypicalGirl

TypicalGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAngels Camp, Ca

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I run a studio equipment buy/sell group on FaceBook. If you PM me or email me I'll give you the info.

Cathi Newlin, Angels Camp, Ca
box49@caltel.com
http://www.CNewlin.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kiln, selling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users