24 replies to this topic

#21 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,473 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

Ouch!  My most recent build is an I7 3930K with 15 gig ram, an SSD for Win7 and a 2tb for data.All of the rest is top line. I use it for 3D renders and Photo/video edits.

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . . http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#22 Bob Coyle

Bob Coyle

GEEZER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

I use it for 3D renders and Photo/video edits.

Are you using Blender? I just started learning it to come up with ideas for sculptures. Seems like a steep learning curve. lot's of semi-documented stuff to remember.

#23 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,473 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

Just followed up on this post. Yes, using Blender. Steep learning curve as are many Pro grade 3D programs. Still working on all the quirks, but it is really quite a good program for modelling, surfaces, and animation. It also has several post options also that make it quite invaluable with production.

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . . http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#24 Diesel Clay

Diesel Clay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:41 PM

What a difference 5 years makes!
Square has now added inventory tracking to its software. The only thing it doesn't do that the OP wanted is keep track of exactly who bought what.
Callie Beller Diesel

www.dieselclay.com

#25 DirtRoads

DirtRoads

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationEdinburg, MS

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

What a difference 5 years makes!
Square has now added inventory tracking to its software. The only thing it doesn't do that the OP wanted is keep track of exactly who bought what.

^ Yes.  And now they have a customer rewards and email marketing program.  I haven't activated it yet, but customer purchase tracking seems to be included.  In the past I advised a few retail stores on implementing and using Counterpoint (an expensive inventory management/POS system).    Last store that asked I pointed them towards Square because of the cost factor.  Especially if you have a touch pad, Square will be the cheapest and easiest alternative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users