It's so much more fun to read the forum when you can see a photo of the person answering or an image of their work.

Even an avatar is more fun than the default image.

I want to encourage forum participants to put up a picture and add some info to your profiles.

It's fairly simple to do ... Just holler if you need help.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, here goes

Passage.jpg">

close up

Passage_detail01.jpg">

what I call the money shot!Passage_detail02.jpg">

This is an example of my recent work. Made up of about 4000 individual ceramic pieces that move and create sound.

This is very nice! Why don't you put the pics in the gallery part of your profile and give us more info. I'd like to see more of your work but I don't even know your name!

Jim

Very nice! Why don't all of you fill out your profile page and put pics in the gallery section? Seeing this makes me want to find out who you are and where I can see more of your work, but you have zilch for info on your profile page!

Thanks Jim for the compliment. I haven't added any pics or other stuff cuz I didn't think people really looked at that and also because I haven't taken the time to figure out how to do it. It took a few hours to just get the pics on here and I tried to add them to my gallery but it didn't work. I guess I'll add some info today.

Oh and by the way, my name is Spring

I believe this thread is asking for you to put up a picture of your face so we know what you look like. The gallery is for pictures of your work.

Nice work by the way.

Please folks put up a picture of your face/image of some sort for your posts. I don't like being friends with blank heads. I mean you are nice and all....but y'all blend.

Marcia

I believe this thread is asking for you to put up a picture of your face so we know what you look like. The gallery is for pictures of your work.

Nice work by the way.

Please folks put up a picture of your face/image of some sort for your posts. I don't like being friends with blank heads. I mean you are nice and all....but y'all blend.

Marcia

Oh. Thanks for correcting that, Marcia, but, I'd rather know what their pots look like.

Jim

Nice work by the way.

Marcia

Oh. Thanks for correcting that, Marcia, but, I'd rather know what their pots look like.

Jim

that's what the gallery is for. Chris started the thread asking for identifying avatars. The pots are nice ,but there is a way to put up avatars for more personal images.

Marcia

Nice work by the way.

Marcia

Jim

that's what the gallery is for. Chris started the thread asking for identifying avatars. The pots are nice ,but there is a way to put up avatars for more personal images.

Marcia

I know. That's why I kept asking people to post pots to the gallery section of their profile. Obviously, the pics posted in this thread aren't avatars. Sorry if that was butting in on Chris' thread.

Jim

It's so much more fun to read the forum when you can see a photo of the person answering or an image of their work.

I want to encourage forum participants to put up a picture and add some info to your profiles.

I'm having trouble uploading my pictures to the gallery. Everytime I try it either says there was a problem uploading and to contact a system administrator or it takes me back to the main forum page. I made the pictures smaller but it still didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Spring

Guest JBaymore
I made the pictures smaller but it still didn't work. Any suggestions?

Spring,

What file format are the pictures in? How big are they (filesize) now that they are "smaller"?

best,

..............john

I made the pictures smaller but it still didn't work. Any suggestions?

Spring,

What file format are the pictures in? How big are they (filesize) now that they are "smaller"?

best,

..............john

They are jpgs and size 641x427 total 123 KB. If you click on the gallery tab, next to the member tab, the first image is mine. Then when you click member gallery, and you can see all the pictures, it doesn't show up. I'm not an official member of the potters council, does that make a difference? Also, there is no way for me to manage the pics I uploaded when I check my gallery. It says make an album put I can't put anything in it and when I click favorite pictures it says I have none.

Thanks, Spring

I'm having trouble uploading my pictures to the gallery. Everytime I try it either says there was a problem uploading and to contact a system administrator or it takes me back to the main forum page. I made the pictures smaller but it still didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Spring

Looks like you managed to get some pics up. Nice. I think you said somewhere that Casscade moves and creates sound. At the risk of being off topic for this thread, tell us more. What kind of clay(s) do you use?

Jim

Guest HerbNorris

You don't need to be a member of the PC to post pictures, I just test posted a 1600 x 1100 jpg, and it works fine, it just takes some futzing around to get it to show.

If you are signed in, and you click on "Gallery", you get to which has headings "Photo Gallery" then "Members Gallery"(which is in a tan rectangle). If you click on "Member's Gallery" you will be taken to the members gallery, but you won't see the picture that you saw on the previous page. On the "Member's Gallery" page, you will see a grey box on the right side that says "New Image." If you click on this box and upload a picture, you will get the situation I just described. Why, I don't know.

In order for the pics to ACTUALLY appear in the gallery, you must add them to an album first, then you must make sure that that album is a PUBLIC album.

1. When you are signed in, click on your avatar picture in the top right corner. This takes you to a page called "Spring's profile."

2. On the right of the page, there is a grey box labelled " Edit my Profile." click that. It takes you to a page called "Your Options."

3. Under the caption "Your Options" you will see four headings, click on the rightmost heading, "Gallery."

4. You will see a caption "No Albums Found Click here to create your first album! " Click that to create an album.

5. You will see essentially the same page as before, except now it will have Album parameters to edit, like "album name","album description," "Category," and the most important one "Public Album - Checking this box will allow other users to view your album."

Check this box to have your pics visible in the member's gallery, and to put them in posts.

6. Click on the black "Create album" button at the bottom of the page. This creates the album and allow you to add pictures, delete them, etc.

7. You should now be at the page in your profile which has an "Album Manager" heading in a tan rectangle. Under that, you should see the album name that you created, status,(It should say "Public") , category,Stats, and then "Controls." Under "controls," there should be a drop down menu box labelled "Select an operation." If you click the down arrow, it will give you options" edit, delete, view, new image, new media."

8.If you click on "New image" ,you can add pictures to this album, and they can be seen in the member's gallery. I think you have used this page before, so you know how to do that.

9. Now when you add an image to the album, a page will open with the picture title at the top, and a tan rectangle on the right,

with the heading "Image Details". It's here that you should see all your image properties. Under this box is an often missed little box, called "mod options", in grey. If you click on that, you can edit, move, or delete your image.

Phew! that's alot of work just to get a picture up, I must say. It's one of the hardest procedures to get pictures posted on a public board that I have seen, it's so circuitous.

Sorry for all the words, but it might help. I posted a picture, "Footvase.jpg" just to make sure it works.

You can get it to work too!

Thanks, Spring

As for the

Looks like you managed to get some pics up. Nice. I think you said somewhere that Casscade moves and creates sound. At the risk of being off topic for this thread, tell us more. What kind of clay(s) do you use?

Jim

Here s a link to a youtube video someone took (I'm still working on one of my own)

All the pieces that you have seen have an element of movement and sound. It simply depends on the amount of air flow in the room.

They are made with southern ice. I was lucky enough to purchase 150 pounds before the problems with shipping occured. They are rolled paper thin so they can still be transparent with the presence of stains. It's really a time consuming, complicated process to make each "feather". I spent a year and a half from prototype-refining-finished pieces. I'm not sure if this is the info you were looking for. Hope it helps. If you have more Q's email me and I'll get back to you or look me up on FB.

Thanks

You don't need to be a member of the PC to post pictures, I just test posted a 1600 x 1100 jpg, and it works fine, it just takes some futzing around to get it to show.

If you are signed in, and you click on "Gallery", you get to which has headings "Photo Gallery" then "Members Gallery"(which is in a tan rectangle). If you click on "Member's Gallery" you will be taken to the members gallery, but you won't see the picture that you saw on the previous page. On the "Member's Gallery" page, you will see a grey box on the right side that says "New Image." If you click on this box and upload a picture, you will get the situation I just described. Why, I don't know.

In order for the pics to ACTUALLY appear in the gallery, you must add them to an album first, then you must make sure that that album is a PUBLIC album.

1. When you are signed in, click on your avatar picture in the top right corner. This takes you to a page called "Spring's profile."

2. On the right of the page, there is a grey box labelled " Edit my Profile." click that. It takes you to a page called "Your Options."

3. Under the caption "Your Options" you will see four headings, click on the rightmost heading, "Gallery."

4. You will see a caption "No Albums Found Click here to create your first album! " Click that to create an album.

5. You will see essentially the same page as before, except now it will have Album parameters to edit, like "album name","album description," "Category," and the most important one "Public Album - Checking this box will allow other users to view your album."

Check this box to have your pics visible in the member's gallery, and to put them in posts.

6. Click on the black "Create album" button at the bottom of the page. This creates the album and allow you to add pictures, delete them, etc.

7. You should now be at the page in your profile which has an "Album Manager" heading in a tan rectangle. Under that, you should see the album name that you created, status,(It should say "Public") , category,Stats, and then "Controls." Under "controls," there should be a drop down menu box labelled "Select an operation." If you click the down arrow, it will give you options" edit, delete, view, new image, new media."

8.If you click on "New image" ,you can add pictures to this album, and they can be seen in the member's gallery. I think you have used this page before, so you know how to do that.

9. Now when you add an image to the album, a page will open with the picture title at the top, and a tan rectangle on the right,

with the heading "Image Details". It's here that you should see all your image properties. Under this box is an often missed little box, called "mod options", in grey. If you click on that, you can edit, move, or delete your image.

Phew! that's alot of work just to get a picture up, I must say. It's one of the hardest procedures to get pictures posted on a public board that I have seen, it's so circuitous.

Sorry for all the words, but it might help. I posted a picture, "Footvase.jpg" just to make sure it works.

You can get it to work too!

Thanks for taking the time to explain all this. I will try it out.

I saw the picture you added:)

Spring

Thanks, Spring

As for the

Jim

Here s a link to a youtube video someone took (I'm still working on one of my own)

All the pieces that you have seen have an element of movement and sound. It simply depends on the amount of air flow in the room.

They are made with southern ice. I was lucky enough to purchase 150 pounds before the problems with shipping occured. They are rolled paper thin so they can still be transparent with the presence of stains. It's really a time consuming, complicated process to make each "feather". I spent a year and a half from prototype-refining-finished pieces. I'm not sure if this is the info you were looking for. Hope it helps. If you have more Q's email me and I'll get back to you or look me up on FB.

Thanks

I still have some Southern Ice, too. Frost 6 and Frost 10 are just as white and translucent. The luminary below (if I can load a pic here) is Frost 6.

Jim

post-837-13116901415864_thumb.jpg

post-837-13116901415864_thumb.jpg

Archived