TJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Ben;

Made me laugh! They are renovating our school. Five classrooms on the second floor have no electricity.Tough to teach without power.

TJR.

#22 Babs

Babs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Obviously nothing to do,off on vac tomorrow and cannot do any pots...

Humans are bizarre animals, I have a group of mugs, don't make sets, prob can't but not driven to, and every member of family has their mug, not given but selected. Pure ill luck is hexed on anyone using another's mug.

i love the mug made by my daughter, a chemist by profession, quite wasted in that field, the mug is big, fits my hands and teadrinking obsession, every one knows the first cup is the best one, so I never  have to reach for seconds with this baby Just read  that tea drinking prevents strokes, well that's what they are saying today>.

#23 TJR

TJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Ben, Marcia;

For some reason, this year they decided to replace the boilers. 50 year old school like I said. We froze all of Sept and Oct. They told us to leave the lights on. They are flourescent. Not much heat there. A couple days I almost put the kiln on, but didn't for safety reasons. We are now into Dec. We have heat. It has snowed several times. The principal has frozen.. ha,ha get it frozen our budget. We have clay but no glazes. No ready to start the clay unit yet as I am not finished painting.

My mug? Used to be a black Larry Bush mug. Used it for 30 years. My sister came to stay and cracked it. Didn't tell me and put it back in the cupboard. I made one in the same style as Larry's. It has a nice turquoise glaze I'm working on.

TJR.

#24 Benzine

Benzine

Socratic Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • LocationThe Hawkeye State

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

TJR,

Wow, from one type of freeze to another.

That's just terrible.  How are you supposed to operate a successful program?

The Middle School Art teacher in my district, used to teach in Georgia.  His budget was so slim, that one time, he had to go dig up clay, and paint, yes paint, with that.  I imagine, he gathered up as much as he could, until some man chased him off, screaming about his precious Lizella clay.

"Anything worth believing, is worth questioning"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users