Sign in to follow this  
lorielle

What Is Your Favorite Item To Make Out Of Clay? Why? | August 20, 2013

lorielle    1

It seems every potter has their special "thing" that they love to make.  What is your favorite item to make out of clay?  Why?  Post an image to share if you'd like!

Mark C.    1,798

Its a toss up between bowls and ceramic splash pans-I favor bowls more but after reading certain posts I want to make up a few new splash pans.

I have been looking for this green glaze to match these.

TJR    359

o.k.

You guys, it's enough already.We all know the joke. It is now long past old. Besides, Mark, that colour is yelloow ochre and not green.

Can we please move on.[stifles a yawm].

TJR.

Mark C.    1,798

OK its all bowls -I like throwing and trimming them-as well as glazing and firing them.

I enjoy using them almost as much.

A great bowl is good for so many uses.

Mark

Marcia Selsor    1,301

Righ now I like throwing orbs..smooth as a baby's butt. Naturally with terra sig. then I can experiment with saggars , foil, Obvara, or dare I say feathers!

Marcia

GEP    863

My current favorite is a lidded jar, about the size of a sugar jar. Can't get enough!

Denice    243

Well I'm still hooked on tile murals but when I need to connect with the inner potter I make a teapot.    Denice

TJR    359

I usually start by making mugs. Sadly, I still have 83 of them sitting in the studio.[see Left at the Altar.[.

I like the challenge of making a teapot that pours. They are slower to sell, though.

TJR.

Benzine    609

I like to go with  good sized mugs, about the size of a small bowl.  Like Mark said about bowls, I feel a large mug is so versatile.  Good for soup, cereal, ice cream, and a buttload of caffeine.

Karen B    26

I love to make large platters, 20" or so. It sets off my imagination to design the large flat space. I spend a long delicious time working on one at a time.

jrgpots    231

Native American Flute making is my newest trend. I have a B flat, C, F, and G with three more in the making.