2,400+ Hard Bricks, Also Studio?, Available

I found a listing for hard brick in Ontario:

"Firebrick For Sale   June 18, 2013

Clean, unused fire bricks, suitable for woodfiring kiln.  MSDS states they are high duty fireclay brick with a well balanced formulation to provide resistance to spalling, abrasion and chemical attack, can be used in furnace roofs and linings, boilers, incinerators, cement and lime kilns.   Size 9 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 , and arch bricks are also available. 

Located in the rural part of Sarnia.   $1.50 each (less than half original cost)  OBO. 

I phoned and spoke with the owner, a kind woman named Jean.  Her husband used the bricks - no mortar - to construct a wood kiln, then passed away before it was ever fired.  She's having a difficult time selling the bricks, as the sheer number/weight of them scare most people away.  Mentioned she's going to sell the place (I think it's an old church?  Could be wrong.), and is afraid whomever buys it would just trash the bricks.

I can't use them, unfortunately.  But I'd like to help her.  Where would you post such an offer?  My first thought is those dreamy "studio for sale, including wood kiln" listings in the back of CM.  Any other suggestions?  

Oops, I've been away too long.  Here's the page where I found the listing:  http://www.pshcanada.com/Buy%20&%20Sell.htm

I'll be phoning Jean this morning to let her know I can't take it (shipping 8 tonnes of brick halfway across the country ... not the best idea I've had) and will make some suggestions for how she might unload the brick.   Hopefully some of you can use some!  Thanks, all.

Tony Clennell responded to me, letting me know he spoke with Jean already last year.  And that the bricks aren't by any means cheap, as they'd be $2.24 each for that many.  Then there's all the disassembling and palletizing.  But you never know.  She may be talked into "free" at some point.

Archived