#21 Wyndham

Wyndham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSeagrove NC

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

This should be a challenge. Everyone pick a path and meet back here at some time or whenever something comes out of the kiln.No right no wrong, maybe uuglee, who knows.

I have acone 6 coming up in a week or so. let you know what gives.

Wyndham

#22 neilestrick

neilestrick

Neil Estrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationGrayslake, IL

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

For me, part of the beauty of horse hair pots is the burnished, unglazed surface. I don't think you'll match that with any glaze. I think working with stains on raw clay would be the way to go. I'm betting a talented airbrush artist could make it look nearly identical- deep black lines with the tiniest bit of haze/fuming around them, maybe even some large blushes to mimic low fire fuming.....

What about applying a black underglaze to a wet bisque surface, to create some bleeding?  Would that look similar enough?

Possibly. Definitely worth a try, but I'm thinking it will probably bleed too much or not at all, and be very hard to control which way it goes. I also think brushing will be difficult to get the same solid black line. Trailing with an super fine tip might be more convincing.

Neil Estrick
Kiln Repair Tech
L&L Distributor
Owner, Neil Estrick Gallery, LLC
www.neilestrickgallery.com

neil@neilestrickgallery.com

#23 Matt Oz

Matt Oz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I think this is the thread you were looking for..........cone 6 horsehair glaze?

Now where are those droids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users