This Recipe Is Wrong How Can I Fix It?

oldlady

will one of you experts contact me so i do not publish aSANY0103.jpg bad recipe and have new potters using it anyway?  i hope the pictures come out so you can see why i like it.

well, that didn't work either.

will one of you experts contact me so i do not publish a bad recipe and have new potters using it anyway?  i hope the pictures come out so you can see why i like it.

well, that didn't work either. how do i turn a single picture into a "FILE" so it will post here?  it is now 1:34 and i still have a kiln to load.

isn't it beautiful?  BUT last year i put some pickles in a bowl with this glaze on it.  i left it in the refrigerator for several days and when i took it out, the glaze had changed color from the acidic vinegar.  UNSAFE!!!!  and i worry about all those pieces out there in customers' hands including both of those pictured.

of course i like the color!  how can i fix it is the question.

i cannot find the original post where i mentioned this problem.  someone ran it through a glaze computer program and found it was lacking something. fortunately,  that post with the faulty recipe is not in my archive and i am not going to put it out here for someone to accidentally use. again, fortunately, 2 experienced members have asked for it and will run it again.  maybe i can find an adjustment to the recipe that will work.  i am NOT a chemist!

Archived