Adding A Photo With This New Software-Its Easy & Attaching An Image (Combined)

Ok new software new issues- so many options now its like a fast food place with 25 choices only difference is there they are all bad here its all good.I posted a how to add photo before the new features came along a few days ago and they are now all different.

Its best to resize your photo down thru either I photo for mac users or whatever photo program you have on your PC. That way your allotted file size will not fill up and the photo will be able to be fewed as a whole photo not so big it fill more than the page.

Now if you have a photo say on your desktop or elsewhere you must click the (more reply options) button on lower right to get to the attach files(choose files button)

After hitting that button you add your photo from wherever it is and then upload it to your post.

It's easy and fast-I still hope they (those in charge) pin a how to do this somewhere as photos really help many clay issues brought up here.

Here's a salt jug as a test photo

Happy posting.

Mark

post-8914-0-31039700-1373742728_thumb.jpg

post-8914-0-31039700-1373742728_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Experimenting to see if I can attach a file.

Good job on the attached file. Now if I can just get you to attach the glaze combo. formula. :rolleyes:

This dog bowl is one of my favorite combinations of clay and glaze.  This glaze is easy to control but surprising in its habits.  It is actually just one glaze on this dog dish.  The lighter purple happens when it overlaps or pools.  Overall it looks almost black. The way I dipped the dish created the lighter color.  The clay body is Laguna 900.  Over Bmix this glaze is light purple with dark blue highlites. Now that I can post pictures :) I'll put up another example of the glaze on Bmix and 900.

Purple Glaze

Cornwall Stone      50

EPK                       25

Dolomite                20

Whiting                    5

+Cobalt Oxide        0.5%

post-9888-0-54815300-1373683119_thumb.jpg

post-9888-0-86875900-1373683136_thumb.jpg

post-9888-0-54815300-1373683119_thumb.jpg

post-9888-0-86875900-1373683136_thumb.jpg

this glaze is beautiful!   have you done the vinegar test to see if it is stable?  the picture appears close to the color i loved but it was an unstable formula.

will someone with the glaze calculator figure this one out?  i would love to use it on Little Loafers white stoneware.

I tried pasting the unity formula here but it keeps getting scrambled up. Anyone know how to do this? I tried Word clipboard, paste and the paste as plain text, none worked. The unity figures are the first ones listed after each oxide. So here is the best I could do. Anyhow, "OldLady" the glaze is low in alumina and really high in silica. Yup, I would test for leaching.

Unity
Formula

Analysis

Mole%

CaO

0.56*

MgO

0.01*

K2O

0.18*

Na2O

0.23*

P2O5

0.02*

TiO2

Al2O3

SiO2

Fe2O3

Calculated LOI

mark, your picture is just a thumbnail.  is there a way to make it bigger but not oversized?

hey, early drinker with the broken pot in wisconsin, what did you do to get your picture so perfect?

Yes its just a small photo as I resized it small in I-photo.

On this site one has a certain file size and large photos will eat up all of this soon if you have lots of photos running. I have many posts running with photos and they all need to be small as I have to continue to delete photos to make room to add more. So I ma always juggling which ones to dump.

I can look to see how popular they are and drop the less viewed ones.

I'm always getting past the limits as far as file size here-so small photos are what I'll contuine to post. If you only post a few over the years than huge is fine.

Mark

mark,

That thumbnail is 2.91 k. If you make them closer to 50 k, they can be much bigger than that. Dharsi's dog bowl was

129 k and went off the page when opened. This one is 43 k. It opens to a viewable size.

Marcia

Got it- thanks looks like the one I had was already shrunk small but high resolution . I swaped it out for a slat pot.

Dharsi's dog bowl was 129 k and went off the page when opened. This one is 43 k. It opens to a viewable size.

Patience Marcia, I'm still noodling around with it :D

Dharsi's dog bowl was 129 k and went off the page when opened. This one is 43 k. It opens to a viewable size.

Patience Marcia, I'm still noodling around with it :D

The pots are great. Just remember the old guidelines of 50k. it works real well for scale.

It isn't my parameter but the administrators.

Thanks for reposting. that one is a beauty.

Marcia

I liked Dharsi's noodling around photo and automatically clicked on it to enlarge it. Purple is not my color, but looked fab on the pots, the

noodling photo glaze I would love to know more about. I clicked to enlarge and it was still thumbnail. sad

juli

hey, it worked.   the first one is 49.7KB and the second picture is 65.2KB and yet they seem to be about the same size and they both worked.  pixels and jpegs theory swimming in my head.

once my daughter goes home i hope i can do this again. 

Still noodling.  Let's see if this works better.  The glaze is sprayed on oribe with a spritz of cobalt blue on the rim and swirled in the middle. Bmix ^10 in oxidation.

perfect!

Macia

Still noodling.  Let's see if this works better.  The glaze is sprayed on oribe with a spritz of cobalt blue on the rim and swirled in the middle. Bmix ^10 in oxidation.

perfect!

Macia

Thank you Marcia, and thank you for bearing with me as I worked it out. 

i should be loading a kiln, not trying to post a picture!!!   mark, your instructions say to get the picture from "wherever it is".   that is my problem, i have sent myself an email with two pictures of a glaze i want to ask about.  how do i get them since the software here wants me to go to a "file" to get the picture to post?

to h with it, i have to load a kiln.

i should be loading a kiln, not trying to post a picture!!!   mark, your instructions say to get the picture from "wherever it is".   that is my problem, i have sent myself an email with two pictures of a glaze i want to ask about.  how do i get them since the software here wants me to go to a "file" to get the picture to post?

to h with it, i have to load a kiln.

OL "wherever it is "means you will need to get of from your e-mail say to your desktop or a photo file. So when it asks for a file you select the desktop or file where the photo is-I do not think a E-mail is a file you can take it from so you will need to move it from the e-mail and on a Mac I can drag it to a file or desktop.On a PC I think you can now do this as well. (any PC uses out there?) Hope this helps-I to am loading a electric today as well-The large gas kiln is being unloaded today as well (bisque).

Mark

mark,

That thumbnail is 2.91 k. If you make them closer to 50 k, they can be much bigger than that. Dharsi's dog bowl was

129 k and went off the page when opened. This one is 43 k. It opens to a viewable size.

Marcia

Marcia, what's that red glaze? (and clay, etc.) Probably reduction, etc...so not possible in electric?  Love the pot!

Archived