Have you ever used clay in mixed media pieces? | June 26, 2013

When I see mixed media pieces that include ceramic elements, I am always delighted. For example, I have a friend that makes brooches using felted wool, found objects and ceramic beads and buttons. They are delightful. Have you ever used clay in mixed media pieces? How so? What kind of pieces? Informal everyday items, or large "fine art" pieces?

• 2 weeks later...

When I see mixed media pieces that include ceramic elements, I am always delighted. For example, I have a friend that makes brooches using felted wool, found objects and ceramic beads and buttons. They are delightful. Have you ever used clay in mixed media pieces? How so? What kind of pieces? Informal everyday items, or large "fine art" pieces?

I have used glass beads and wire for knobs on pots.

Joy

Lori,

I put a fun piece in our Art Center's Members Gallery that included found objects from around the center (where I work) and a little test bowl I trimmed through but still bisque fired. I used it for the base of the piece which I called Maternity Leave. My co-worker was just back from having her first child. I also used a fun little kiln god figure.post-8625-0-87622900-1373642244_thumb.jpg

post-8625-0-87622900-1373642244_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived