• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JanetLeigh

JanetLeigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

Hi and thank you for letting me register on your site. I am at a difficult point I must sell my deceased mothers kilns and molds. I have no idea where to turn, years ago the hobby was so popular we had two suppliers in town, now there are none.

I have two kilns, and when I say thousands of molds I mean it!!! The green ware is abundant too.
This is going to be a task no matter how much assistance I get.
now you guys, do you have any idea where to start?
Thanks for any and all help.

Knight Kiln Model 82 230V 4600W 20AMP2300Rated temp

Gare Kiln Model 2327LT 10800Watt 240V 45AMP

both working excellent.

Molds are from various manufacturers.

#2 bellonart

bellonart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMonmouth, OR

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

What are you asking for them? Also, where are you located... people are from all over on this forum.

#3 JanetLeigh

JanetLeigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

Hi and thank you for letting me register on your site. I am at a difficult point I must sell my deceased mothers kilns and molds. I have no idea where to turn, years ago the hobby was so popular we had two suppliers in town, now there are none.

I have two kilns, and when I say thousands of molds I mean it!!! The green ware is abundant too.
This is going to be a task no matter how much assistance I get.
now you guys, do you have any idea where to start?
Thanks for any and all help.

Knight Kiln Model 82 230V 4600W 20AMP2300Rated temp

Gare Kiln Model 2327LT 10800Watt 240V 45AMP

both working excellent.

Molds are from various manufacturers.

#4 JanetLeigh

JanetLeigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:52 AM

I am not even sure what to ask for the kilns I am in Springfield, Illinois

#5 AmeriSwede

AmeriSwede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFörslöv, Sweden

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

Are there any of the 'Contemporary Ceramic Studios' around your area? Those are the places that were set up for people off the street to walk in, paint a bisqueware item, paying for the entertainment value, the item and glazing. In the late 90's I helped to set up two of those in the Tampa Bay area. Because of my knowledge and experience and the abundance of space in those facilities, I scrounged around for people that had old yet still good molds that I believed were still popular, and set us up for casting some of our own products, for greater profitability. It really worked, as some of the molds that I had purchased for next to nothing were some of the hottest items that customers selected.

So possibly a 'walk through the Yellow Pages' may help you find some of these studios in your local, and possibly they might have an interest. If they don't, you may ask if they are buying any bisqueware locally and from whom. That would be another possible place to sell them, as it is a business set up using those items already.

In regards to the kilns, I would probably just advertise them in the local paper or make an advertisement flyer and take to any ceramic suppliers in the area, possibly they post those type of items.

Good luck. RickPosted Image

------Rick

Above all, it is a matter of loving art, not understanding it. (Fernand Leger
)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users