Sign in to follow this  
Brittany

Ideas for new projects?

Brittany    0

I think I'm having potter's block. I can't seem to think of anything new to make and neither can my friends google and bing. If you have any projects or ideas that you would recommend to someone who started a couple of months ago it would be greatly appreciated.

~Thanks

oldlady    1,323

go to your local library. look at dewey decimal number 732. ignore the collectible books. look inside.

Biglou13    202

go to your local library. look at dewey decimal number 732. ignore the collectible books. look inside.

Many yutes (youth) of today have no idea what who Dewey is and what his decimal system does.

Same youth have probably never fingered through a card catalog.

Go analog!!

:D/>

What to make. Make a pinch pot/cup/bowl. While decptively simple primitive technique, it is quite difficult. and challenging to,make a good one.

Bowls. Hundreds of them. You can always donate some to Empty Bowls. And just think how skilled you will be when you finish.

If you are on Facebook, search for ceramics groups and pages. You will find lots of ideas.

Chris Campbell    1,086

It's also Workshop season at craft schools from coast to coast! Take another class somewhere local or distant. Recharge those creative juices with a group of potters.