#41 Diane Puckett

Diane Puckett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

I love these glazes. At Potters Council, Amaco gave out sheets showing samples of combos, similar to their ads but at lot more of them. I don't know where else you can get them, but they are great to have in the studio for reference.
Diane Puckett
Dry Ridge Pottery

#42 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

This is deep firebrick with 2 thick coats of ancient jasper over it. 

Attached Files

Learning On my Kick wheel with my vintage Paragon (from the late 1960's)

#43 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

I love these glazes. At Potters Council, Amaco gave out sheets showing samples of combos, similar to their ads but at lot more of them. I don't know where else you can get them, but they are great to have in the studio for reference.

It would be very handy to have that! 

Learning On my Kick wheel with my vintage Paragon (from the late 1960's)

#44 Mudslayer

Mudslayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

I LOVEPC glazes...my only suggestion is to fast fire at cone 5...I usually layer my gazes and ancient Harper is one of my favorites...here r a few pics if someone an tell me how to upload from kindle...if not I can attach a URL....

#45 frand2

frand2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

I am really new to this forum (since 15 min. ago) and just happened onto this subject.  I am a fan of Potters Choice glazes and have had good luck with all except Ancient Jasper by applying 3 good coats and firing to a cone 5 in my digitally-controlled kiln and holding for 1 hour.  The only good results that I have had in layering PC glazes is by putting on a good base layer and using a split fan brush with strokes in different directions leaving gaps or open spaces for the base color to "peep" through (3 layers for the covering layer).  I have really enjoyed your comments and do feel connected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users