My sculpture is FINALLY finished

Some of you may remember my early postings about this Pug sculpture. I wanted to show everyone the finished project. It came out REALLY well I am so pleased. Yeah I know it's not PERFECT but for awhile there I thought it would never get finished at all. I should state this is my very first sculpture ever and learned tons and feel like you all helped to make it happen so thanks!

The materials I used in case anyone is curious is Little Loafers clay. Sculpture base is 2 pinch pots joined and the extremities added then I sliced it in half carved out the inside to reduce the thickness where I added stuff. I did the black parts and the face in Amaco underglazes at the leather hard stage. Bisque fired to cone 04. Underglaze parts waxed. It sat here in the studio while I found the correct glaze for it. I did a bunch of test tubes and chose Coyotes Toshi Brown which is a mat glaze. The glaze was brushed on from a pint of glaze I did 2 coats. I left the underglaze unglazed since I wanted a mat surface for the sculpture. This of course would not work for a food item. Glaze fired in an electric kiln to cone 6.

post-22921-136917323908_thumb.jpg

post-22921-136917323908_thumb.jpg

Archived