shamless self promotion

Good morning all!

I have only posted a few times, but take full advantage of the knowledge the group has to offer. I often wonder about appearances and personalities of the talented artists and craftsmen in our group. I recently (a few months ago), had a segment filmed about me and my art by my local public television station. I would like to invite you to meet me........... at Common Ground 413. You can google it.

Good morning all!

I have only posted a few times, but take full advantage of the knowledge the group has to offer. I often wonder about appearances and personalities of the talented artists and craftsmen in our group. I recently (a few months ago), had a segment filmed about me and my art by my local public television station. I would like to invite you to meet me........... at Common Ground 413. You can google it.

I just watched the video and it was wonderful. Thank you for sharing. You are indeed lucky to live in an area the supports the arts!

Fran

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd like to learn a little about YOU through your work! Got a website?

Just watched your video, big changes country to city and back again. As stated before it is great that you live in a community that supports the arts so well. Happy Potting!cool.gif

Hi Celia

I just watched the youtube video of your tv show. Thank you for sharing. It was very interesting to see you throwing and to hear you telling your life story. I surely will try the double-walled-vessel-throwing. I'am doing horse (and lately buffalo) hair raku too, but in a pit, not in the raku kiln. Your vessel with the feathers look gorgeous!

Greetings from Switzerland

Evelyne

I liked watching the close ups of your hands at work. It's always interesting to see others style. Your work is beatiful (especially "on the edge" sculpture) it was like listening to a traditional elders teaching but with lovely visuals. I'm going to try making one of those balls. Thank you for sharing.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd like to learn a little about YOU through your work! Got a website?

Sorry I don't have a website. I took my first classes in ceramics at the age most people are thinking about retiring. I have always loved ceramics, but for most of my life I didn't think I had any artistic talent and was too intimidated to try. My husband talked me into taking a class at the local art center and I was hooked. As I got older, I finally decided, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'm having a great time learning on the internet and taking workshops. How lucky you are to have such wonderful support.

My work is in a local art gallery and you can see some of it here: http://joiedevivrega...ood/fran-gross/

Archived