My husbands nephew and his family live in Moore, they recently moved a mile away from the area that got hit so their children were attending different schools and everyone in fine. Wichita had a tornado Sunday but it was in an area with open fields and only destroyed 3 houses and then lifted, it was headed towards the airport and a heavily populated area. If you want to help donate to the Red Cross and tag the donation for Oklahoma, there will be a lot of phony charities popping up on the internet. Denice

We have friends and relatives in Oklahoma but what really scared me was seeing the two schools that were in the tornado's path. While it's awful that so many people were killed and injured, seeing the path from the air I was afraid it would be much worse. Sending a text to 90999 with the message REDCROSS will result in a $10 donation.

Jim

We are known worldwide for our "awful" weather in the UK, but fortunately we rarely experience anything remotely like the tornadoes and hurricanes that are a regular occurrence in at least some parts of the USA; my thoughts and commiserations go out to anyone affected.

Archived