How to Post a Photo

I suggested a tutorial on this some time back pinned to the top but no one stepped up so I'll take a swing at this.

Many have issues with how to put a photo up. It really easy but will take a few minutes.

1st take a photo with whatever you have -a phone a camera whatever and download it your computer.

For me thats a camera and its now in apples I photo where I then send it as a smaller size in a e-mail to myself. Then I drag it onto the desktop.

If you have a windows machine run it thru whatever photo program you have and make it smaller in size.

Now when you are done making a post typing whatever words at the end click to attach files at the bottom left.

Now find your image and select within the select files windows -it needs to be a small image as your file will fill up quick and you will have to toss images to have room for more.

I have so many photos posted that I at least every month need to edit(throw some away to make room for more) as this software(forum) has a small file size for each member.

Now hit the post key and your image as well as your pots will appear.

Here is some yard sculpture from my past each brick was made separate and laid with slip-The clay was a dark body fired to cone 10

the refrigerator kiln is called quick cool

The sphinx cat kiln is about two feet long. One last note these sculpures are 40 years old.

Mark

post-8914-136890182219_thumb.jpg

post-8914-136890182923_thumb.jpg

post-8914-136890183589_thumb.jpg

post-8914-136890182219_thumb.jpg

post-8914-136890182923_thumb.jpg

post-8914-136890183589_thumb.jpg

HOORAY!

this is exactly what i needed. and your pictures even have the tab NEXT and PREV plus the X at the bottom to exit the pictures only. how many times have i looked at pictures and not known how to get back to the post i was reading! it is frustrating to hit the wrong thing and wind up at my home page.

i promise i will try this soon. thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

it needs to be 50k or less.

I prepare my photos to that size, put the in a file or label then as a "sm" version.

Then when it says choose a file, I go select it, upload it, and there it is.

Please put some photos in your gallery. If you can add an avatar to make you stand out from the ghostly head so many people have.

Thank you.

Marcia

News to me was that the images were stored somewhere which I now just found ... How do you toss them in the trash?

Chris

Up in right hand corner under your name click the My settings

Now on left upper side click the manage attachments

This brings me to all my photos I have posted in threads and shows how much storage I have left If I recall 977 is max and when you get near the max you cannot post any new photos till you have deleted some.

You delete the photos from there as the pages are all listed and you check off the boxes with each photo

. I go thru and trash the ones with the least views first. I had to do that today to post the photos on the how to post photos today.

When they are deleted they also go away from the post that they are in. I spend some time thinking about how that psot may be without a photo. Its a major limitation for me on this site as I tend to have posts that require photos like how to make a display or pack a kiln or whatever.

For me the gallery photos are so much smaller in file size that 3-5 pages of post photos. I have never complained about this just accepted it as part of this sites software issues but it does put a cramp on how to old posts that no l;onger have a photo to show what the post is about.

Mark

Thank you! I was finally able to figure out "the you have no memory to add more pictures message" and how to delete some to get more space. I built my own 5 terabyte computer from scratch and was like but I DO have space, i just didn't know it meant the forum had a server cache for my images just thought i was doing something wrong Ill also try and use smaller photos from now on so I can get more out there before I have to delete some. I did update my gallery page with a bunch of new stuff I just finished since when I tried to post the pictures on the forum it said I was out of space there. Thank you and I agree this should be pinned somewhere so we can all revisit as needed in the future.

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

HOORAY!

this is exactly what i needed. and your pictures even have the tab NEXT and PREV plus the X at the bottom to exit the pictures only. how many times have i looked at pictures and not known how to get back to the post i was reading! it is frustrating to hit the wrong thing and wind up at my home page.

i just posted an avatar. testing here to see if it works as a picture.

HOORAY!

One Raku palm tree pot-looks good

Mark

HOORAY!

Mark

Thanks for a great job Mark. I had just recently found about the limit on photos, and deleted quite a few as for some reason or other I had 3MB in memory stored there. At any rate it is something I just muddled through. The next thing that might be needed is a tutorial on how to resize pics in something like photoshop or the gimp. I could do that if folks wish it. The other thing, these things are still in the studio in a way, so maybe they should stay here, or be placed in a special folder???? Regular staff, could maybe make a call on that one??/

HOORAY!

Mark

Thanks for a great job Mark. I had just recently found about the limit on photos, and deleted quite a few as for some reason or other I had 3MB in memory stored there. At any rate it is something I just muddled through. The next thing that might be needed is a tutorial on how to resize pics in something like photoshop or the gimp. I could do that if folks wish it. The other thing, these things are still in the studio in a way, so maybe they should stay here, or be placed in a special folder???? Regular staff, could maybe make a call on that one??/

Mark, the palm tree raku piece was one from a workshop at st pete clay in florida. it was my second attempt at raku. the vase was thrown by an employee of the supply co and attendees put bottled glazes on them. my "real" work is functional.

Pres, this is a great idea. i have been a member of a different group which often posts links to groups of pictures on photoshop. would this be possible? i just tonight posted pictures on photoshop to help sell my house. my daughter helped me with that and this avatar and photo. we noticed that photoshop does not require resizing of the photos i had.

if someone is going to discuss this, also consider simplification of the profile setting process. notice how few members have anything at all in their profiles. it isn't always reluctance to share but might be unfamiliarity with the process required here. i remember that it took months for my city to actually print out though i entered it often. (and those of us who have trouble might benefit from my daughter's observation that sometimes i accidentally moved the mouse as i clicked on something. who knew that i was confusing the computer by doing that?) we are not all programmers.

HOORAY!

Mark

Mark, the palm tree raku piece was one from a workshop at st pete clay in florida. it was my second attempt at raku. the vase was thrown by an employee of the supply co and attendees put bottled glazes on them. my "real" work is functional.

Pres, this is a great idea. i have been a member of a different group which often posts links to groups of pictures on photoshop. would this be possible? i just tonight posted pictures on photoshop to help sell my house. my daughter helped me with that and this avatar and photo. we noticed that photoshop does not require resizing of the photos i had.

if someone is going to discuss this, also consider simplification of the profile setting process. notice how few members have anything at all in their profiles. it isn't always reluctance to share but might be unfamiliarity with the process required here. i remember that it took months for my city to actually print out though i entered it often. (and those of us who have trouble might benefit from my daughter's observation that sometimes i accidentally moved the mouse as i clicked on something. who knew that i was confusing the computer by doing that?) we are not all programmers.

There are a lot of personal favorites out there as to cloud storage of pics, and I think for us to pic one as a repository would leave out all the rest. In the long run I think that if you post pictures there, and want people to see them you could post a link in your profile. As far as saving to size. Limitations on the size of the posting gallery are reasonable, and as you get to your limit delete your older images so that you can post new in the forum. Always remember there is storage in your profile gallery and in the regular gallery of images.

I think you may be referring to Photobucket? Photobucket.com is a photo-hosting/photo-sharing website (Flickr and Picasa are others that are similar).

Photoshop is a program used to alter photos (resizing, cropping, digital touch-ups).

Regarding the profile, I left mine blank for a long time because my experience has been that people don't look at profile pages. But since people DO look at them here, I filled it in a bit. I might do more with it when I have more time. :)

I think you may be referring to Photobucket? Photobucket.com is a photo-hosting/photo-sharing website (Flickr and Picasa are others that are similar).

Photoshop is a program used to alter photos (resizing, cropping, digital touch-ups).

Regarding the profile, I left mine blank for a long time because my experience has been that people don't look at profile pages. But since people DO look at them here, I filled it in a bit. I might do more with it when I have more time. smile.gif

yes, of course i mean photobucket. no wonder i have such a hard time with this computer. it is all my fault for thinking faster than i can type and assuming the machine knows what i want it to do. it is hard to slow down and go from 1 to 2 to 3 etc, when my brain goes from 1 to 7 and then to 21.

Regarding the profile, I left mine blank for a long time because my experience has been that people don't look at profile pages. But since people DO look at them here, I filled it in a bit. I might do more with it when I have more time. smile.gif

Sorry to contradict, but Photoshop is a program, a web site, a set of online tools, and a Photo sharing site. That is one of the reasons I thought "old lady" was referring to it. I think the same goes for photobucket as for photoshop.

Archived