Lettering on already fired pot

I am a total beginner. I just had a pot fired with cobalt glaze - left the inside unglazed. The guy that helped me with this was in a great hurry to get it done and I didn't get a chance to write/paint, etch, stamp (?) a few words of text on it. Just wondered if there was any way I could paint, write or even some way of doing a 3D addition (with some material or other + crazy glue...?) It is for decorative use only. Sounds pretty crazy, I know. Any thoughts? -Thanks!

Permanent markers like Sharpie work on fired unglazed ware. They come in many colors and varying sizes of lines, including fine. I've known people to sign their work with these, and it doesn't necessarily look like felt pen. I'm not sure if it would work on glaze. Another thing I've used is a special metallic gold pen with a pumping action, it looks very elegant and I think works on glass or glaze. It is called Pen-touch and is made by Sakura Color Products company in Japan. I got it at an art supply store. Check with pottery suppliers, too. There is a variety of specialty products available, including many I don't know about, I'm sure.

I am a total beginner. I just had a pot fired with cobalt glaze - left the inside unglazed. The guy that helped me with this was in a great hurry to get it done and I didn't get a chance to write/paint, etch, stamp (?) a few words of text on it. Just wondered if there was any way I could paint, write or even some way of doing a 3D addition (with some material or other + crazy glue...?) It is for decorative use only. Sounds pretty crazy, I know. Any thoughts? -Thanks!

For something more permanent, you can use glass etching cream with stencils to make it permanent.

Archived