Paragon Electric Kiln - voltage?

so i got this kiln for free and im not sure what the voltage should be - the tag on the outside say 220 but saw 110v elsewhere and then the outlet plug just throws me (dont mind the cobwebs)...i pretty much know nothing about kilns but am working on a little home studio so any advice/suggestions are welcome.

thanks!

post-36828-13680318721_thumb.jpg

post-36828-136803190925_thumb.jpg

post-36828-13680318721_thumb.jpg

post-36828-136803190925_thumb.jpg

so i got this kiln for free and im not sure what the voltage should be - the tag on the outside say 220 but saw 110v elsewhere and then the outlet plug just throws me

The A-66B requires a 4-wire, 120/240 volt, 30 amp circuit with a 14-30R receptacle. The kiln uses 120 volts on Low and Medium and 240 volts on High. The neutral carries current, and so the fourth wire is necessary as a grounding wire.

Sincerely,

Arnold Howard

Paragon Industries, L.P., Mesquite, Texas USA

ahoward@paragonweb.com / www.paragonweb.com

so i got this kiln for free and im not sure what the voltage should be - the tag on the outside say 220 but saw 110v elsewhere and then the outlet plug just throws me (dont mind the cobwebs)...i pretty much know nothing about kilns but am working on a little home studio so any advice/suggestions are welcome.

thanks!

Follow Arnolds advice and also start reading up on electricity...then call an electrician to do the work. Paragon has an awesome website with all kinds of troubleshooting info...

Archived