Sign in to follow this  
PamOldfield

Bisque firing

I share a studio with some friends in London. We recently acquired a secondhand electric kiln. We have a backlog of lots of stoneware to fire and a few terracotta pieces. Can we put them both in the kiln for bisque firing? Sorry to be so ignorant but we are beginners.

I share a studio with some friends in London. We recently acquired a secondhand electric kiln. We have a backlog of lots of stoneware to fire and a few terracotta pieces. Can we put them both in the kiln for bisque firing? Sorry to be so ignorant but we are beginners.

Stoneware and earthenware can be fired together for the bisque firing i.e. at around 1,000 degrees centigrade.

Stoneware and earthenware can be fired together for the bisque firing i.e. at around 1,000 degrees centigrade.

Thank you so much for that. I will try it tomorrow.