• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PamOldfield

PamOldfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

I share a studio with some friends in London. We recently acquired a secondhand electric kiln. We have a backlog of lots of stoneware to fire and a few terracotta pieces. Can we put them both in the kiln for bisque firing? Sorry to be so ignorant but we are beginners.

#2 Doulla

Doulla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSomerset, United Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

I share a studio with some friends in London. We recently acquired a secondhand electric kiln. We have a backlog of lots of stoneware to fire and a few terracotta pieces. Can we put them both in the kiln for bisque firing? Sorry to be so ignorant but we are beginners.

Stoneware and earthenware can be fired together for the bisque firing i.e. at around 1,000 degrees centigrade.

#3 PamOldfield

PamOldfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Stoneware and earthenware can be fired together for the bisque firing i.e. at around 1,000 degrees centigrade.

Thank you so much for that. I will try it tomorrow.

#4 PamOldfield

PamOldfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thank you so much for that. I will try it tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users