6 replies to this topic

#1 Mo Collier

Mo Collier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hello All,
I'm new to this firing business but I'm not sure my Blue-diamond Tru-mat- tic was supposed to reach ^06 in a matter of only 4.5 hours. is this even possible? It's a relatively small kiln and was a small "loose" load. I needed to fire under-full to meet a deadline. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated...

thanks
Mo

#2 neilestrick

neilestrick

Neil Estrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • LocationGrayslake, IL

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

So it didn't reach temp? Took longer? What exactly happened? Did the cone shut it off? 4.5 hours is quite possible, especially in a small kiln.
Neil Estrick
Kiln Repair Tech
L&L Distributor
Owner, Neil Estrick Gallery, LLC
www.neilestrickgallery.com

neil@neilestrickgallery.com

#3 Mo Collier

Mo Collier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

So it didn't reach temp? Took longer? What exactly happened? Did the cone shut it off? 4.5 hours is quite possible, especially in a small kiln.

The ^ in the sitter bent enough for it to shut down, I don't have a digital read for temp so I'm merely hoping that it indeed did reach temp. I know that's probably not the best approach and I am still waiting for Blue diamond to get back to be about a thermometer for that kiln. Thanks for the feed back it is very much appreciated.

#4 neilestrick

neilestrick

Neil Estrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • LocationGrayslake, IL

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

If the cone bent, you're good to go, unless something odd happened that knocked the cone out, but that's very very unlikely. I wouldn't fret. My L&L e18T-3 (18 x 27 inches) kiln can get to 04 in just over 4 hours.
Neil Estrick
Kiln Repair Tech
L&L Distributor
Owner, Neil Estrick Gallery, LLC
www.neilestrickgallery.com

neil@neilestrickgallery.com

#5 gypsy

gypsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationJames Creek, Pa

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

If the cone bent, you're good to go, unless something odd happened that knocked the cone out, but that's very very unlikely. I wouldn't fret. My L&L e18T-3 (18 x 27 inches) kiln can get to 04 in just over 4 hours.

I only use my kiln setter to fire. You'll be ok.

#6 Mo Collier

Mo Collier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thanks! very happy to hear that and appreciate the info....
Mo

#7 Mo Collier

Mo Collier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

I only use my kiln setter to fire. You'll be ok.

Thanks for the feedback, its very much appreciated. :0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users