Sorry I've been away for a while... personal loss.......

Guest JBaymore

Guest JBaymore

Sorry I've been away for a while and not answering any questions or doing much in the way of moderation on the forums.

It has been a very tough week. On Saturday morning 4/27/13 at 12:30 AM, my father, John Robert Baymore Jr., passed away after a week long battle after having emergency major abdominal surgery on Monday evening 4/22. He was 94. My wife and I were with him all week, and in his very last moments.

He was a World War II verteran, serving as a Staff Sargent and Military Police officer in the 1st Army Dvision. He was in the Normandy Invasion, and once found himself alone behind enemy lines on a motorcycle during the Battle of the Bulge. A musician, he was the director of the 1st Army Band while in Europe. He worked for himself as an interior decorator, specializing in fine wallcoverings and detailed painting work. An amazing golfer since his 40's, up until shortly before his death, he was still able to shoot his age.

Visitation and funeral services will be at 10 AM at the Tuttle Funeral Home on Route 10 W in Randolph, NJ on Tuesday 4/30/13. Donations in lieu of flowers can go to Wounded Warrior Project PO Box 758517 Topeka, KS 66675 http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I'll be back involved more soon.

best,

.....................john

Sorry I've been away for a while and not answering any questions or doing much in the way of moderation on the forums.

It has been a very tough week. On Saturday morning 4/27/13 at 12:30 AM, my father, John Robert Baymore Jr., passed away after a week long battle after having emergency major abdominal surgery on Monday evening 4/22. He was 94. My wife and I were with him all week, and in his very last moments.

He was a World War II verteran, serving as a Staff Sargent and Military Police officer in the 1st Army Dvision. He was in the Normandy Invasion, and once found himself alone behind enemy lines on a motorcycle during the Battle of the Bulge. A musician, he was the director of the 1st Army Band while in Europe. He worked for himself as an interior decorator, specializing in fine wallcoverings and detailed painting work. An amazing golfer since his 40's, up until shortly before his death, he was still able to shoot his age.

Visitation and funeral services will be at 10 AM at the Tuttle Funeral Home on Route 10 W in Randolph, NJ on Tuesday 4/30/13. Donations in lieu of flowers can go to Wounded Warrior Project PO Box 758517 Topeka, KS 66675 http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

best,

Sorry to hear of your loss John. It sounds as though you were not one of those disconnected sons. I have close relationship with my dad, and am hoping to be able to continue it for a while longer as he is my best friend-he is 86. My prayers go with you.

best,

Guest JBaymore

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

He was laid to rest on the Tuesday before I left for China, with full military honors. His younger brother Paul, a very good younger friend, my older daughter's husband, and I were pall bearers. A group of family and friends honored his long life that day. I miss him.

best,

..............john

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

He was laid to rest on the Tuesday before I left for China, with full military honors. His younger brother Paul, a very good younger friend, my older daughter's husband, and I were pall bearers. A group of family and friends honored his long life that day. I miss him.

best,

..............john

It is good that you were able to be there for him, sorry again for you loss. Full military honors is just that very honorable, good for all of you. Best wishes. . . Pres

Archived