Attention Nevada Ceramicists

In my search for a wheel, I've been checking the Public Surplus website daily. The have recently added several auctions, with a lot of items; wheels, kilns, miscellaneous equipment, and even some clay.

So good hunting. If I was in the area, I'd be all over some of that.

In my search for a wheel, I've been checking the Public Surplus website daily. The have recently added several auctions, with a lot of items; wheels, kilns, miscellaneous equipment, and even some clay.

So good hunting. If I was in the area, I'd be all over some of that.

Did you go to www.publicsurplus.com or another website? Ironically all I saw was Colorado and Texas.

Thats a two day drive for me (to Las Vegas) but those are some smoking great deals 10 power wheels for 1,500$ (bid so far)-6 brent wheels and 4 clay boss

3 newer skutt kilns all under 200$

clay- racks-brents plus misc

Looks like the school system is closing up a ceramic's pogram.

Sad but deals are the result

Mark

I wish my brother still live in Vegas. I could have him pick something up, and ship it to me.

The sad thing is, like Mark said, this most likely means that a school and/ or ceramics department closed down.

Jim, too bad the Walker was already taken. But I saw that listed, and thought of the comment you made in the other thread. No doubt there are many others that share your sentiment. Those Walkers are nice.

I wish my brother still live in Vegas. I could have him pick something up, and ship it to me.

The sad thing is, like Mark said, this most likely means that a school and/ or ceramics department closed down.

Jim, too bad the Walker was already taken. But I saw that listed, and thought of the comment you made in the other thread. No doubt there are many others that share your sentiment. Those Walkers are nice.

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=900753

walker pugmill in florida

http://www.publicsur...view?auc=900753

walker pugmill in florida

You can have it Biglou. I'm in Georgia but don't have time or inclination to make trip, especially since it looks like it really is only worth 4 or 5 hundred. Thanks justanassembler.

Jim

I have had to increase my bid since benzine told everyone about the auction. I was trying to keep it under raps to keep the bidding down........lol. I'm just 2hours east ov Nevada

Sorry about that. I just didn't want those, with access to miss out on an opportunity. I figured this was a small enough community, it wouldn't add a lot of bidders. Plus there is a lot of stuff up for grabs.

What are you looking to purchase.....Please tell me all of it....hehe.

Those brent rolling racks are a steal as well as the brent bat mobile

Get the supplies also -there is a tailsmaen seive in that pile

Its all good-

How about a skutt computer electric-good for something.

It would cost me a 4 day drive plus van gas-say about 500$ or more in fuel-I'm

hoping you get it all- two hours away-take a trailer

Mark

Its all good-

Mark

I know the carts are still low. I noticed the seive. In fact that is what I have a bid on. Over 50 5 gallon buckets of ^6 glazes. Even the gas kiln is still at a good price. It makes my mouth water....just have to convince my spouse...lol

Its all good-

Mark

I know the carts are still low. I noticed the seive. In fact that is what I have a bid on. Over 50 5 gallon buckets of ^6 glazes. Even the gas kiln is still at a good price. It makes my mouth water....just have to convince my spouse...lol

Besides the seive the is an ohaus digital scale box on that table-go for the bat carts as well those cost big$ heck get the mixer and a the stilts-let us know what you come up with.

The glaze materials and stuff all look little used.

You need 10 wheels to start that teaching program as well.

Mark

You can build a bat rack easier than a mixer. I would go for the mixer. I am too far away to bid on anything, so good luck, guys and gals. Brents are always a good buy.

TJR.

I bid on and won the slabroller, one of those things that was on my list but not very high at new prices. I have all kinds of projects planned now that I won't have to lug all that clay to the local pottery studio. I did bid on the kiln furniture (sorry!) but realized I just didn't have room to store all that heavy stuff. Would have liked the ware carts but again, no room. I need a studio!!!

Thanks so much for the tip on the auction......I am one happy potter!

Archived