Venco Wheel Opinions

These are made in Austrialia I think and service may be an issue as with Venco pug mills

I have no info on them but the pug mills have been around a long time.

I will say that on a recent trip to some pacific Islands I was around some shimpo VL wispers wheels in an art center location that where used every day and where holding up well and they are indeed about a noise free as you can get.I was impressed but the service also may be an issue as they are made offshore.

I repaired a Brent wheel speed issue for them with a butter knife and diagnosed another wheel issue for them

Mark

These are made in Austrialia I think and service may be an issue as with Venco pug mills

I have no info on them but the pug mills have been around a long time.

I will say that on a recent trip to some pacific Islands I was around some shimpo VL wispers wheels in an art center location that where used every day and where holding up well and they are indeed about a noise free as you can get.I was impressed but the service alsomay be an issue as they are made offshore.

I repaired a Brent wheel speed issue for them with a butter knife and diagnosed another wheel issue for them

Mark

Is that you Richard Dean Anderson?

Looking for opinions on this Venco wheel? Has anyone ever used one? The specs look super cool, but I cannot find much information. The wireless pedal sounds like a good feature, and the solid construction seems nice.

http://www.axner.com...ters-wheel.aspx

I live in Western Australia where everybody uses Venco wheels. Servicing is a problem here too, but I have never heard of one needing to be serviced. Mine is cone drive and 40 years old, and has lain idle for the last 20 years. I have recently returned to potting and I am using it again and I notice that it seems noisy, but works really well.

Archived