#1 AtomicAxe

AtomicAxe

Skilled Mud Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Just picked up a duncan kiln in great condition (fully works, never been fired even once) but is missing the dials on the front.

Just wondering if these ....

http://www.nmclay.co...c=KM319&eq=&Tp=

... will fit my kiln? (see attached) or know of a knob that will fit my kiln?

The kiln is an es model, but without being able to inspect the EA knob, looks like just a color difference. I've tried about a dozen or so different knobs, and paragon doesn't stock the knobs, only replacement switches.

Attached Files

#2 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Just picked up a duncan kiln in great condition (fully works, never been fired even once) but is missing the dials on the front.

Just wondering if these ....

http://www.nmclay.co...c=KM319&eq=&Tp=

... will fit my kiln? (see attached) or know of a knob that will fit my kiln?

The kiln is an es model, but without being able to inspect the EA knob, looks like just a color difference. I've tried about a dozen or so different knobs, and paragon doesn't stock the knobs, only replacement switches.

you might be able to pick up knobs for older appliance repair. It is just a knob. Usually they slide on the shaft. It sometimes is a 1/2 circle configuration. Nothing very fancy about the knobs. You just need it to point to the correct setting.
Marcia

#3 Bill T.

Bill T.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationGilmer, Texas

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Do you have a Radio Shack nearby? Pic looks like a half shaft that will take a knob that has a set screw in it. If no markings on a knob paint a line or arrow on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users