Jump to content


Microwave safe?

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Natania


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

My Second question of the day: people often ask if my work is microwave safe. The truth is, I don't know. I don't have a microwave, and never have. It is fired to cone 5,6 depending on which clay body I'm using. It seems quite vitreous so I assume that no water would seep into the clay body and cause problems in a microwave? Up until now I've just said that I can't guarantee it. Is there a way to tell, short of enlisting a friend with a microwave?

#2 JBaymore



  • Moderators
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationWilton, NH USA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Here you are :

First you do this:


Then you do this:


Yeah... you have to pay for the standards documents.



John Baymore
Professor of Ceramics; New Hampshire Insitute of Art

Guest Professor, Wuxi Institute of Arts and Science, Yixing, China

Former President and Past President; Potters Council


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users