Zisha clay teapots

Iforgot

Guest JBaymore

Zisha clay is Chinese, not Japanese. Comes from Yixing, a 3 hours drive from Shanghai. (I'll be there in May.)

best,

.......................john

Guest JBaymore

You mean there's a difference? Just kidding. What will you be doing in Yixing in May?

Jim,

I've been honored to be invited to present at the 7th Yixing Ceramic Art and Culture Festival. While I've spent a huge amout of time of time in Japan, and made one trip to South Korea to present and show at MunGyeong last year..... this is my first time in China. Very excited to finally get to China. And of course Yixing is the "teapot capital of China" ......so I am really looking forward to learning a lot while I am there.

Darrel: If you are looking for zisha type clays....... try here: http://www.chineseclayart.com/ChineseClayArt/store_materials.asp

best,

........................john

You mean there's a difference? Just kidding. What will you be doing in Yixing in May?

Jim,

I've been honored to be invited to present at the 7th Yixing Ceramic Art and Culture Festival. While I've spent a huge amout of time of time in Japan, and made one trip to South Korea to present and show at MunGyeong last year..... this is my first time in China. Very excited to finally get to China. And of course Yixing is the "teapot capital of China" ......so I am really looking forward to learning a lot while I am there.

Darrel: If you are looking for zisha type clays....... try here: http://www.chinesecl...e_materials.asp

best,

........................john

Great! Looking forward to seeing pics when you get back.

Jim

Archived