• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

Is there anyone else out there with this slightly neurotic effort for perfection in the overall weight of the form and shape.

Not me, I like HEAVY, things that are light weight especially for their size and expected materials feel "cheap" to me. A large very thin walled hollow bronze sculpture that is light feels very cheap to me, like plastic, so everything I've ever made is always substantial and heavy, maybe it's a man thing who knows!

More likely than being a "man thing" it is that most posters to this thread are thinking pots and you're thinking sculpture.

Jim

better contact to moderator. That is weird.
Marcia

I am just a little freaked out why my name is being used on a quote that I didn't make.... (twice in this thread) ??

#42 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Is there anyone else out there with this slightly neurotic effort for perfection in the overall weight of the form and shape.

Not me, I like HEAVY, things that are light weight especially for their size and expected materials feel "cheap" to me. A large very thin walled hollow bronze sculpture that is light feels very cheap to me, like plastic, so everything I've ever made is always substantial and heavy, maybe it's a man thing who knows!

More likely than being a "man thing" it is that most posters to this thread are thinking pots and you're thinking sculpture.

Jim

I am just a little freaked out why my name is being used on a quote that I didn't make.... (twice in this thread) ??

I guess so! It looks like on post 19 of this thread RDWolff took a quote from Nelly and made it yours. Then, of course, every time he was quoted, it copied the mistake. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose but he needs to fix it.

Jim
E pur si muove.

"But it does move," said Galileo under his breath.

#43 Rebekah Krieger

Rebekah Krieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Jim

I guess so! It looks like on post 19 of this thread RDWolff took a quote from Nelly and made it yours. Then, of course, every time he was quoted, it copied the mistake. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose but he needs to fix it.

Jim

It's not the end of the world but For a second I thought... maybe I am the one with the imbalance... LOL!
Learning On my Kick wheel with my vintage Paragon (from the late 1960's)

#44 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

...but For a second I thought... maybe I am the one with the imbalance... LOL!

Sometimes I think that, too! That you're the one with the imbalance.

Jim
E pur si muove.

"But it does move," said Galileo under his breath.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users