What do you think about as you stroll through a ceramics exhibition? | Q.O.W. 04/02/2013

Guest JBaymore

So you've been waiting for the opening of that new clay exhibition for months.

What do you think about as you stroll through a ceramics exhibition?

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

I usually attend alone so I can set my own pace ... my brain is usually all over the place ...

How did they do that? .... the curiosity and fun of trying to figure it out ... how did they create / decorate / fire that?

I've got to try that or I've done that or wish I could do that or wish I had thought of that

Oh my, this is crazy good stuff!

Really? Really? another one of these?

That is amazing ... stunned brain silence

That is awful .... stunned brain silence

What a fabulous idea and so well executed ... How did he/she come up with this idea?

Where is the card so I know what this is supposed to be. OK ... I've read the card and still do not have a clue, I must be missing something here ...

WOW ... I finally get to see this work up close, in person ... or bigger bonus, meet the artists

What a great idea ... ( with side notes of can I borrow/learn any element here )

There is also the fun of seeing what favorite potters are currently doing ... I find I really enjoy watching a potters progress.

I think Chris sums it up fairly well. I love looking at pieces,

How was it make. Respond to the richness of glaze or clay colors. The forms, imagery,

What is it about.

All those. It is better to go alone or, at least keep your own pace. I am still fired up about all the beautiful and

thought provoking work from NCECA. The Shino SHow was a block buster.

Marcia

Ditto to everything Chris said.

Also,

Oh, wow, I love that. I really want it. I think I will buy it

No! I have no room for more pottery!

But it is soooo beautiful, and I really like this potter's work.

No room!

But it is important to support artists, and this piece will inspire me in my own work.

Fine, I will settle for a mug. I can always find a spot for another mug.

Someplace.

I think Chris sums it up fairly well. I love looking at pieces,

How was it make. Respond to the richness of glaze or clay colors. The forms, imagery,

What is it about.

All those. It is better to go alone or, at least keep your own pace. I am still fired up about all the beautiful and

thought provoking work from NCECA. The Shino SHow was a block buster.

Marcia

Thank you, Marcia for a stroll through studio. It was delightful! Kathy

I usually attend alone so I can set my own pace ... my brain is usually all over the place ...

How did they do that? .... the curiosity and fun of trying to figure it out ... how did they create / decorate / fire that?

I've got to try that or I've done that or wish I could do that or wish I had thought of that

Oh my, this is crazy good stuff!

Really? Really? another one of these?

That is amazing ... stunned brain silence

That is awful .... stunned brain silence

What a fabulous idea and so well executed ... How did he/she come up with this idea?

Where is the card so I know what this is supposed to be. OK ... I've read the card and still do not have a clue, I must be missing something here ...

WOW ... I finally get to see this work up close, in person ... or bigger bonus, meet the artists

What a great idea ... ( with side notes of can I borrow/learn any element here )

There is also the fun of seeing what favorite potters are currently doing ... I find I really enjoy watching a potters progress.

I certainly relate to going alone! My wife has trouble going with me to anything Ceramic, as I want to gawk forever. Come to think of it this happens at museums and other exhibitions, but ceramics is the worst.

> I certainly relate to going alone! My wife has trouble going with me to anything Ceramic, as I want to gawk forever. Come to think of it this happens at museums and other exhibitions, but ceramics is the worst. <

Yes, so true. I can spend a whole day in the ceramics area of any museum ... especially the prehistoric/shards area ... best to go alone so I am not making someone else crazy.

and yes Diane, how could I have forgotten the 'what can i take home with me?' element!! I just donated three boxes of books to the library so I would get more space for pots.

Archived