Where to find used wheels

That public surplus website I posted had a number of wheels in SE Michigan (thats where I'm at). I know Macomb Community College was selling off about a dozen.

I couldn't find that. Were they kick, or electric?

What did you search under?

From what I've found so far, you find different results, if you type in "Potter's Wheel", than if you type in "Pottery Wheel".

Once in a while you'll see one on Potterbarter.com but it would only be handy if it was in a city nearby. My clay supply store sometimes have them and I find pottery equipment at estate sales but usually it's kilns. You might join a local artists group and make some connection with other local potters, maybe they can help. Denice

potterbarter.com doesnt seem to resolve as a valid DNS entry--are you sure thats the correct address?

http://groups.yahoo....s&sec=dir&slk=1

:Dsrc="http://ceramicartsdaily.org/community/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif">

Hi I'm also looking for a used wheel but being based in SW Ireland I would have more luck finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

Yeah, you definitely have a much smaller geographic area to search in. So if you don't find one in your area, then you have to deal with shipping, everywhere else. I wonder if it would be cheaper for you to look for a vendor, who offers free shipping, and just buy new?

That public surplus website I posted had a number of wheels in SE Michigan (thats where I'm at). I know Macomb Community College was selling off about a dozen.

I couldn't find that. Were they kick, or electric?

What did you search under?

From what I've found so far, you find different results, if you type in "Potter's Wheel", than if you type in "Pottery Wheel".

Electric. Shimpo RK-2s. I had zero luck searching, and just picked a geographic area and browsed through. There weren't too many listings in Michigan, so i found them right away.

Archived