A public "Thank You" ................

Guest JBaymore

As I prepare to hand over the role of Potters Council President to Steven Branfman at tomorrow's 7:00 AM Board meeting, I wanted to take a moment here to say a public thank you to all of the Officers, Board, and Committee members (past and present) and the ACerS staff for your hard work and expertise during that two year period. All that was accomplished would not have happened without their efforts. I am humbled and honored that you, the membership elected me to the Board in the first place, and that the Board selected me as the President of the association for two terms. I hope that I have managed to do what you all expected of me.

I truly believe that the Potters Council has an important role to fill in the ceramic arts community, and I really look forward to seeing how we continue to evolve and develop in order to provide opportunities, services, and benefits for the membership. As immediate Past President for the next year I will continue to do my best to continue to further our mission and goals.

The organization is now in good hands with Steven Branfman leading the way.

Thanks again.

best,

............................john

Immediate Past President

• 3 weeks later...

John, I don't know how I missed this. You giving us thankyous? We have followed your lead, and with certainty, for as your posts in the forums reflect your knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge, they have also been an inspiration to all of us Potters Council members. Steven has been my go-to-guy when I have questions about raku methods and procedures--his books are the best. I hope he will take the time to contribute to the various forums and share his expertise just as you have. You have meant a lot to us all.

Shirley Potter

John, I don't know how I missed this. You giving us thankyous? We have followed your lead, and with certainty, for as your posts in the forums reflect your knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge, they have also been an inspiration to all of us Potters Council members. Steven has been my go-to-guy when I have questions about raku methods and procedures--his books are the best. I hope he will take the time to contribute to the various forums and share his expertise just as you have. You have meant a lot to us all.

Shirley Potter

Dear John,

I second that motion. Without a doubt, whenever I saw your name come up on the forum I was always thankful. You eased my mind soooo many times over this past year in setting up my own studio. Additionally, you could read between the lines in my questions. In short, I am guessing you read people well and have done a top-notch and absolutely fabulous job in your past role. You always, always had encouraging words. You will be missed.

Nelly

Archived