Photo

What are the THREE most recent CERAMICS related books that you have purchased? | Q.O.W. 2/26/2013

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JBaymore

JBaymore

• Moderators
  • 3,024 posts
  • LocationWilton, NH USA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Education in any field is important.... and education comes in many forms. One of them is the reading material we choose to pursue (or get assigned to read by pesky professors Posted Image).

What are the THREE most recent CERAMICS related books that you have purchased?

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.
John Baymore
Immediate Past President; Potters Council
Professor of Ceramics; New Hampshire Insitute of Art

http://www.JohnBaymore.com

#2 Guest_scott312_*

Guest_scott312_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

A few days ago.

The Potter's Complete Book of Clay and Glazes by James Chappell

the 1977 copy. It was 18.50 ebay. Posted Image

Just got one on my Kindle last week :) but I cant remember the title.

#3 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Rosette Gault's new book on Paperclay. (I have a piece included in it) Delivered yesterday!
Carlos Zauli, a ceramic sculptor from Faenza and a contemporary of Peter Voulkos.
American Art Pottery

Marcia

#4 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Rosette Gault's new book on Paperclay. (I have a piece included in it) Delivered yesterday!
Carlos Zauli, a ceramic sculptor from Faenza and a contemporary of Peter Voulkos.
American Art Pottery

Marcia

I have the 2nd ed. of Gault's "Paperclay". Is there something newer than that by her?

Jim
E pur si muove.

"But it does move," said Galileo under his breath.

#5 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

American Art Pottery

Marcia

I have the 2nd ed. of Gault's "Paperclay". Is there something newer than that by her?

Jim

Yes.
Paperclay; Art and practice. It is just being released.
Marcia

#6 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,089 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Education in any field is important.... and education comes in many forms. One of them is the reading material we choose to pursue (or get assigned to read by pesky professors Posted Image).

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

The Pot Book, Edmund De Waal, developing glazes, Greg Daly, and The Workshop Guide to Ceramics, Hooson and Quinn.

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . .                                                                                 http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#7 Chris Greeenman

Chris Greeenman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Japanese Wood Fired Ceramics Masakazu Kasakabe and Marc Lancet There is alot here

and Bernard Leach:Life and Work, Emmanuel Cooper

Woodfired Stoneware and Porcelain, Jack Troy this was a re-buy. I lost my first copy.

#8 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,089 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

The Pot Book, Edmund De Waal, developing glazes, Greg Daly, and The Workshop Guide to Ceramics, Hooson and Quinn.

I just got a chance to go through The Workshop Guide to Ceramics, Hooson and Quinn.If you haven't looked at it, it would be worth your while to do so. There is a depth there that I haven't seen of late when looking at a "general" book.

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . .                                                                                 http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#9 TJR

TJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Pres;
I bought "The Complete Guide to High Fire Glazes ", by John Britt. Published by Lark Ceramics.
I also bought a show catalogue; Robert Archambeau: Artist, Teacher, Collector. Published by the Winnipeg Art Gallery. Some great wood fired pots in there.He was my prof. Now Professor Emeritus.
TJR.
It's only two. Sorry.

#10 Jess

Jess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Postmodern Ceramics by Garth Clark and Mark Del Vecchio
Ceramics millennium by Garth Clark
Color and Fire, defining moments in studio ceramics 1950-2000 Jo Lauria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users