#41 Benzine

Benzine

Socratic Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • LocationThe Hawkeye State

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

"Allow me to rephrase my statement. If I were going to do clay work in such a way that a Black and Decker quality tool would serve me well, then I would get a Pacifica. They are cheap for a 1hp wheel. That being said, my needs are more along the Makita flavor"

I like the analogy.
"Anything worth believing, is worth questioning"

#42 mccannr

mccannr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:20 AM

I think I am the only potter on the planet with a faulty shimpo. Here is a brief video of the issue;  

Customer support has been great. It's a 2007, past warranty, but they still sent me a new controller board and walked me throught potentiometer adjustment. Still, the problem persists.

#43 emptynester

emptynester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

I have had a Shimpo for two years and love it. My first though when I watched your video, and I don't mean to offend you, was have you tried cleaning it? There may be clay built up that is causing the stalling.

#44 Mark C.

Mark C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata Ca-redwood rain forest

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

Tjat looks like one of the two things they sent you-Are you saying you replaced the board and the pedal potentiometer and its still doing this?

my guess its the board.

Mark

Mark Cortright
www.liscomhillpottery.com

#45 Negeurra

Negeurra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying a shimpo whisper and would like some recommendations/advice on the shimpo VL whisper (also known as the RK-3E?) vs. the shimpo RK-3D. I like the RK-3D for it's ecstatic compact look that reminds me of the old RK wheels but I wanted to know if there is any difference spec wise i.e. quieter, stronger, faster, etc?

Can you please advise some of the pros and cons?

Many thanks,

Jason

#46 Stephen

Stephen

novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

looks like you waded in on an old argument, uh I mean debate. We have had 2 whispers and one Brent for a number of years and the whispers are great. Our throwing though is mostly under 15lbs so haven't experience with larger throwing jobs. Our throwing area is small so the quiet aspect is fantastic and more beneficial than being able to do something we never do.

#47 Stephen

Stephen

novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hey Benzine do u mind my asking what u ended up buying for your home studio?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users