Sign in to follow this  
JBaymore

What is your favorite quote - the perfect one to share with fellow clay artists? | Q.O.W. 2/20/2013

Let's get inspirational.............

What is your favorite quote - the perfect one to share with fellow clay artists?

Check out joining the Potters Council ( www.potterscouncil.org ) for more networking possibilities, peer mentoring opportunities, discounts on books, magazines, and DVDs, health insurance, credit card merchant programs, and many other member benefits.

Damn the torpedoes Full speed ahead

Admiral David Glasgow Farragut (1801-1870

That is a paraphrase of what he actually said about the mines blocking Mobile Bay which was: "Damn the torpedoes! Four bells. Captain Drayton, go ahead! Jouett, full speed!"

Jim

Guest scott312

“I wish to Heaven I was married," she said resentfully as she attacked the yams with loathing. "I'm tired of everlastingly being unnatural and never doing anything I want to do. I'm tired of acting like I don't eat more than a bird, and walking when I want to run and saying I feel faint after a waltz, when I could dance for two days and never get tired. I'm tired of saying, 'How wonderful you are!' to fool men who haven't got one-half the sense I've got, and I'm tired of pretending I don't know anything, so men can tell me things and feel important while they're doing it... I can't eat another bite.â€

― Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind