Calling all amazing Seattle Pottery Classes/Studios

I am new to Seattle and I've been looking for a great studio to throw some pottery on the wheel. I've been doing it as a hobby on and off (mostly OFF right now) for the last 6 years and wanted to find a loose, comfortable adult class or a studio that allows people to drop in and use equipment for a membership or sign-up fee. It would be amazing if said studio had clay, glazes, and a kiln that was offered!!!! Any ideas or suggestions ceramic arts community?

cheers,

-Kate

If you are downtown I think that Pottery Northwest is your best bet. If you are on the Eastside then Kirkland Art Center, and if you are further north, Bruning Pottery in Snohomish. Good luck, let us know where you land.

I am having an Open studio in Snohomish Tomorrow night. The announcement is at NWClayClub.com you can find my contact information.

Good luck.

We have a great core group working in the pottery studio at Highline Community College, several miles south of Seatac Airport. There's a continuing education class on Saturday mornings and we are able to use the studio during any of the regular studio hours. We all work with cone 10 clay. You can purchase clay there, glazes are supplied and bisque and glaze kiln firings are done for us with the regular students' work, about 3 glaze firings per quarter. We do a variety of work on the wheel, slab, handbuilding and sculpture. It's a great group that really supports one another. We'd love to have you join us. Here's a link https://ce.highline....ing.php?genre=7

• 2 weeks later...

I used to live in Seattle and used to rent space at pioneer square pottery but it became a hassle because I lived out of town in Renton. When I finally moved to Seattle I started at Seward park art. The Seward park location is really beautiful on lake Washington. Nice people.

Archived