Building a Kiln

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this forum and to this country. My husband built an electric kiln in our home country and now wants to build me a gas kiln. We have no idea where to find the supplies we need. We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and would like to find fire brick 'seconds' as we don't have a huge amount of money to spend.

Can anyone out there give me an idea of where we begin our search?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Refineries have turn arounds and usually replace everything. Sometimes there will be firebricks available. Check local refineries. Workers from them would know when there are turn arounds. Everyone works longer shifts during that period.

Also check refractory suppliers and ask them if they are aware of a source for seconds.

Marcia

Metal foundries sometimes have pallets of new hard brick. I bought five pallets of brand new high alumina brick from a foundry once, as they had decided to cast a floor instead of constantly replacing brick. If you need soft brick, you would have to go to a refractory place.

TJR.

Metal foundries sometimes have pallets of new hard brick. I bought five pallets of brand new high alumina brick from a foundry once, as they had decided to cast a floor instead of constantly replacing brick. If you need soft brick, you would have to go to a refractory place.

TJR.

Thank you so much, I will get on to this immediately.

Refineries have turn arounds and usually replace everything. Sometimes there will be firebricks available. Check local refineries. Workers from them would know when there are turn arounds. Everyone works longer shifts during that period.

Also check refractory suppliers and ask them if they are aware of a source for seconds.

Marcia

Many thanks! I have some work to do, don't I?

Archived