Looking for Glaze Suggestions

I am looking for a golden-colored glaze for a Cone 6 red-clay (Laguna #90) sculpture. I'd like something that has variations in color and doesn't look like metallic gold, but more like something alive. I'm open to commercial glazes, as well as recipes. The glaze will be brushed on, not dipped. If anyone has had any experience with something along these lines, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

I'm not sure how gold you want (or expect) it to be, this was on a white ^6 stoneware clay, fired in oxidation.

I've also added a link to a pic of the same glaze fired by someone far more experienced than I'll ever be - recipe is also shown on the linked pic below, I altered the recipe as Cornish Stone is not readily available.

post-7271-136036076185_thumb.jpg

http://www.lurvely.c...Ox_Close_photo/

substitute for Cornish stone (61)

Potash Feldspar 40.87

Flint 13.42

China Clay/EPK 6.71

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how gold you want (or expect) it to be, this was on a white ^6 stoneware clay, fired in oxidation.

I've also added a link to a pic of the same glaze fired by someone far more experienced than I'll ever be - recipe is also shown on the linked pic below, I altered the recipe as Cornish Stone is not readily available.

http://www.lurvely.c...Ox_Close_photo/

substitute for Cornish stone (61)

Potash Feldspar 40.87

Flint 13.42

China Clay/EPK 6.71

I am ready to test some glazes on the red clay. I just realized that the recipe referenced above is the same one I already mixed up and tried on white stoneware! The photo in the link is gorgeous. I hope it looks nice on the red clay, too. I'm going to try a couple of others, as well. Fingers crossed.

Ijust realized taht

Archived