I SCORED!

Literally!! Today the art museum called me and offered me to purchase one of their nice wheels as they are no longer offering pottery classes in the new building. I love my kick wheel but I cannot get the speed of an electric one! I paid only $250 For a Brent CXC!!! I paid for it today but need someone to help me move it home this week. I can't WAIT to use it this weekend!! My kids have been learning how to use the kick wheel, so it might be fun to make pots together... that is only if they can remain completely quiet!! (every time they talk I screw up a pot)

REBBYLICIOUS;

YOU stole it! I don't know how you can look at yourself in the mirror! I've had my CXC for over 35 years. I think it is a $1500.00 value now. Too bad about the pottery classes going.Our art gallery runs pottery classes all week, including weekends, and they are always full. They probably don't like the mess.

TJR.

Your probably right about the mess, we had a city arts program build a new center in the heart of a expensive downtown area, they down sized the class rooms to 12 students. To cut down on the mess and they wanted bigger offices. Even schools have this attitude, I enrolled in a summer seminar in tile at a community college, when I got there they had just built a new art facility I thought great. Wrong They didn't want a mess in the studio so they had us do plaster molds outside in 105 degree heat no shade.

I've been looking for a wheel myself, and I can't blame you for snatching it up...........But where am I, when things like this come up? I would have driven a ways, just to pick it up.

To get my first wheel (which was a kick wheel I paid $440 for) I got it from craigslist. I drove 2 hrs to chicago to get it. I met the guy at a public place (mcdonalds parking lot) for safety precautions. I am a big believer in energy and positive energy will bring in what you want. (i am a reiki practitioner and working to become a reiki master) Expect that you will find a wheel at a good price, and you will likely find it. (maybe not right away but you will) I just recently wanted a china cabinet (and i don't like to buy new because new is usually lower quality than older made stuff) I got a $4,000 valued one for $300. I wasn't at all looking for a new wheel. I was however thinking about how nice the ones in the youtube tutorials are and how I wish I had the $ to fork out for a new one. I thought to myself if only I could get one for like 2-3 hundread dollars. Literally within a week I got the call. Put positive stuff out in the universe. One of my friends got a $900 pilates machine at goodwill for $15. And it works perfectly. She does the same stuff I do (positive energy).

It may sound like hocus pocus but it works! :)

I am a believer in Karma.

But I won't complain too much about not having a wheel. I have five in my classroom at school, so it's not like I am without access to any. Also, one of the teachers I student taught with, gave me a free kiln several years ago. Someone gave it to them, where it just set in their garage, and asked if I wanted it. It stayed at my parent's for a while, as I didn't have room in my old house. But I now have a suitable space for a studio, so I've got it set up. It's a two-sectioned Skutt kiln sitter, and in pretty good shape.

I am a believer in Karma.

But I won't complain too much about not having a wheel. I have five in my classroom at school, so it's not like I am without access to any. Also, one of the teachers I student taught with, gave me a free kiln several years ago. Someone gave it to them, where it just set in their garage, and asked if I wanted it. It stayed at my parent's for a while, as I didn't have room in my old house. But I now have a suitable space for a studio, so I've got it set up. It's a two-sectioned Skutt kiln sitter, and in pretty good shape.

That is awesome! My father in law had his kiln as part of a 'bundle of machines" he got in an auction. he gave it to me in exchange for a coffee mug. You are very blessed!

Archived